Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2018, 01:01 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Is this bike only available in the USA? Has anyone successfully shipped to Canadaand riding it?
When I was living in Yuma, and see you guys from Canada inquiring about bikes not available up there, I often wondered if one or a few of the numerous snowbirds that 'wintered' in Yuma could throw a bike on the back of their RV on their way back up north every spring to 'sneak' them in to you guys!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-02-2018, 02:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
When I was living in Yuma, and see you guys from Canada inquiring about bikes not available up there, I often wondered if one or a few of the numerous snowbirds that 'wintered' in Yuma could throw a bike on the back of their RV on their way back up north every spring to 'sneak' them in to you guys!
but I would want to drive it on the street though..

I would have to register it, buy insurance and stuff so "sneak" them in does not work

Old 06-18-2018, 01:24 AM   #18

Preordered

I have a Matte Black SG250 on preorder right should be arriving by the end of the month if not early July I will post picks as soon as I get it so you guys can check it out for yourselfs.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCRyder View Post
I have a Matte Black SG250 on preorder right should be arriving by the end of the month if not early July I will post picks as soon as I get it so you guys can check it out for yourselfs.
I greatly await your pictures and possible owner/ride review of it. Maybe a little opinion on how cramped or open the riding position is relative to your height so people out there have a good idea if it will fit them well or not.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCRyder View Post
Will you be riding it back to 29 Palms?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #21

If I lived near 29 Palms, I would want to have a dual sport bike. It is near the starting point of the old Barstow to Vegas desert race.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Will you be riding it back to 29 Palms?
Well to be honest if they deliver it to 29 for free I will have them deliver it here but if it costs anymore money I will just go pick it up myself.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I greatly await your pictures and possible owner/ride review of it. Maybe a little opinion on how cramped or open the riding position is relative to your height so people out there have a good idea if it will fit them well or not.
Mega I will be more than happy to throw some pics up when the bike arrives and I am 5’10” so I don’t see it being too cramped with the low seat height but I be sure let you all know if there are any issues.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:16 AM   #24

Backordered!

So just to let everyone know I have been following CSC’s blog and it appears that the first order of SG250’s will not arrive until early July plus they still have to clear customs so I will not be posting any pictures/reviews until probably Late July/Early August but I’ll will have them up as soon as the bike arrives. Ciao!

Old 06-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #25

I haven't heard if CSC is trying to get Canadian approval or not for the San Gabriel. The RX3 was a year late to the party by the time it was approved in Canada. I ordered my TT250 in the original "off the boat" deal and got it by end of June 2016. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the TT250 was selling in USA in spring of 2016, so Canada was a few months behind. So if CSC is trying to get the San Gabriel approved in Canada it could take a few months before we see one up here.

I personally like the retro look of the drum brake. I also don't see why everyone is complaining. If they are sized properly to stop the bike then why should it matter? I understand if your in the mountains that drum brakes can overheat under heavy brakeing and "fade". There are also advantages to having drum brakes like simplicity, lower maintenance, longer life & less likely catastrophic failure.

My drums on my 1976 Honda still work great with the ORIGINAL pads!

Old 07-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #26

SG250’s arrive next week

I’ve been following CSC’s Blog and it looks like the SG250’s will be arrive from China next week with the first shipment going out soon after. Wanted to post a couple pics from their blog as well including a mostly stripped down version of the SG250 which gives a decent picture of what is under the side panels and gas tank. Can’t until I finally get mine from CSC.
13D2EB59-0842-4C14-A581-EDB26066AFEA.jpg

13A94A88-FDC6-472D-A3C8-F8394169EB13.jpg

Old 07-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #27

If CSC holds true to form, they will thoroughly inspect a few batches of them before sending them off to customers. What is the final price? Last I checked they were taking deposits with final price TBD.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
If CSC holds true to form, they will thoroughly inspect a few batches of them before sending them off to customers. What is the final price? Last I checked they were taking deposits with final price TBD.
Should be right around $2500 with registration paperwork for CA residents like myself. You can check out CSC’s website if you are not from Cali but the bike is listed as $1,995 before taxes and paperwork.

Last edited by CSCRyder; 07-04-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #29

San Gabriel nearly here!

Hi. I’m new here.
My first Chinese motorcycle, a CSC San Gabriel is due to arrive on Wednesday, 8/15/18.
I am excited!

Old 08-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeewanus View Post
Hi. I’m new here.
My first Chinese motorcycle, a CSC San Gabriel is due to arrive on Wednesday, 8/15/18.
I am excited!
Welcome! Please show us pics of your new bike when it arrives.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer