Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 05:04 AM   #1

Check this out!!

Check this out! I don't know if they are Chinabikes but damn they're cool!!

http://www.cpi-usa.com/products/prod...=Enduro&cc=250

What you guys think?

Old 01-07-2007, 05:30 AM   #2

CPI is actually JAG Powersports L.P. dba. I have seen a few of these bike here in louisiana. Mostly from street vendors who gets then from Irving Tx. The bike are chinese made with various parts from the orient. The bikes are really nice but for the price you will pay you could almost buy a decent used or even new name brand model (depending on size). The vendor I spoke to before I bought my 200GY-5 qouted me a price of $5k, I told him for $5k I would rather get a honda. They are out of their minds expecting someone to pay that for that bike. Now if you could pick one up for $2200-2500 than you might have found yourself a deal. As far as parts I dont think theres a large availibilty of spares, its hard enough to find 200cc Lifan parts. They do look nice, and fit and finish is up there too but its not worth $5k.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:39 AM   #3

I couldn't find any info on it. You're right though $5K is wwwaaaayyyy too much for it! Well thanks for the heads up.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:17 AM   #4

there's something wrong with the bike picture on that site.

They text states it's a 1 cyl 4 stroke but the exhaust pipe is clearly that of a 2 stroke (the expansion chamber is a dead giveaway!)
Also, the text claims that the tyre sizes are 17 inch both front and rear. That sounds like the description of a supermoto not an enduro. You really need 18 rear and 21 front for the best tyre choice.

Someone might want to contact the seller to confirm that the picture is from the same bike.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #5

The pic shows the 50cc, two stroke....

Old 01-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #6

Yeah I think they just copied and pasted the SPECS of the 50cc(and also the Pic). I've yet to see one CPI dealer that even sells one.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #7

Several months ago, someone had posted a photo of these bikes. I get the impression that they are manufactured in Taiwan, hence the higher price. I inquired about dealer pricing (I think Tom from RPM did as well) and the wholesale price was something like $2000/piece, so figure at least $2500--$5000 is way out of line IMO for an "unknown" brand!

CPI is well-known in scooter circles from what I understand, and one of their scooters look really cool; almost Ducati-like.

I had called the company back in November regarding the enduros, and surprise, surprise, they are no longer going to sell it (with Lifans going for about half their price, go figure!) due to "dealers not doing well with them" or some similar excuse. However, the rep did state that they were going to carry a supermoto. If you link to their European or Taiwanese site, they do show a supermoto in black.

Again, the biggest problem I forsee is price. Taiwanese merchandise costs much more in the US than Chinese merchandise, and people would rather spend in the mid-$1000 range for a (now fairly well-known) Lifan or Lifan or Zonghshen-branded bike (i.e. Roketa) than $3000 for an unknown (outside of scooter circles) brand.

Personally, I would love to see both the Enduro and Supermoto in the US in large numbers, but I think they are fighting an uphill battle!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #8

BTW, here is their Supermoto link.

http://www.cpi-motor.com.tw/supermotor.htm

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #9

Hey thanks Culcane, I'm going to keep an eye and ear out on those supermotos.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #10

Hi All
Ok...JAG Powersports no longer exists due to a divorce. CPI bought the entire company including the name.
{Taiwan-based CPI Motor Company has acquired JAG Powersports, L.P.A. supplier of ATVs and scooters. CPI has seven manufacturing plants and laboratories around the world, and produces approximately 70,000 units a month. Its major customers are in Europe and Asia. July, 2004}
All of CPI's bikes where 2-stroke, I'm not even sure if they are still selling them due to EPA regulations. I inquired about being a dealer for them {about 1.5 yrs. ago} but as you all know they are to high priced. They where also having parts problems at the time, knowing this I stayed away.

If you are looking for a SuperMotard/Moto bike take a look at United Motors website they carry a very nice 200cc. http://www.umamerica.com/site/usa/index.html

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-08-2007, 01:58 AM   #11

Hey Bruce,

You're a UM dealer, right? Have you gotten a hold of a DSF or SMF 200? I haven't found anyone who has had "hands on" time with one?

Old 01-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #12

Hi Spanks
Yes I am a United Motors Dealer. I only know of one dealer that is a friend of mine that had them last year. Don't get me wrong that other Dealers didn't have them, I just personally know this man. Ray told me the bikes {SMF & DSF} are nice bikes. I did see them at The Indianapolis Dealer EXPO last year and they are great looking bikes. They didn't come out till about August of 2006. They where supposed to come out in 2005 but UM found a lot of things they didn't like and went back to the factory to correct them. By the time the corrections where getting done the EPA made emissions a lot stricter last year so they also had to meet the New EPA standards. UM basically brought them out when they pulled up the full line of street bikes. I am going to The 2007 Dealer EXPO the end of next month, so I'll have more on them then. I hope that this helps, if you have ant more questions shoot away.

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #13

Those UM bikes looks like Skyteam bikes:
http://www.cycle-analyst.com/Skyteam_ST200.htm

See how the link show the name Skyteam?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #14

From what I understand, the Skyteam (not available easily in the US if at all anymore) bikes and the UM's are the bikes to have as far as Chinese bikes go. UM has some good financing offers, but as Bruce stated, their enduros are hard to come by.

In the West, there are no dealers within 300 or so miles of me, and those dealers don't carry their enduros, either I have been contemplating their 650 "naked" bike as it is the same as the Hyosung Comet 650, assuming I can get my hands on one considering the dealer situation.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #15

Damn, I can't wait to get back stateside!!! I want my motorcycle!!!!!