Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #1

sprockets....i'm lost

i need to order sprockets for my Roketa db-07a. anyone know what chain this has by any chance? i'm guessing it's a 520 chain? i'm looking at the jtr279 sprokets and i'm thinking of going with a 15 tooth front and a 42 rear. this sound about right for street/trail use? it will be used on the street more than the trail.

or i could go with a 14/39 and be about the same ratio and still have allot more room to play with by playing with just the front. i'm very lost in all of this. i also don't want it to tear up my chain gaurd to bad.

if anyone can help me please do. thanks.

Edit: ok now i'm almost sure that my chain is not a 520 but a 428. all the 428's are offered in higher numbers (like what i have on my bike 17/56) so i think i'm just going to order a 44 tooth and see how it does. maybe a 42 will come later on.

Edit #2:

i ordered a jtr 269 44 tooth rear sproket from bikebandit.com. can't wait to get it on the bike.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:58 PM   #2

if you have 17/56 right now I would not be looking at chainging the front because that 15 is lower... but the 44 rear is higher so more top end (of course at the loss of some on bottom)

front tooth change is like 3 to 4 on the back... so that 44 on back would be similar to putting a 19 on front.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 01-04-2007, 12:07 AM   #3

sweet thanks. yeah i did some searching around in the other sprocket thread and started noticing that the bikes with the 520 chain had no bigger than 15 and 42. i then went and started looking at bikes with 428 chains and found that they offer much larger sprockets, including the size that is currently on my bike. so i know that the lifan is a 17/46 and that bikes is suppossed to go pretty decent so i just got a 2 tooth smaller rear gear. i might drop another two later on down to a 42 rear.

now i just need to wait for that beast to come in. my mso should be here next wek from roketa as well. i can't wait to get this thing on the road.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMYStreetRacer
sweet thanks. yeah i did some searching around in the other sprocket thread and started noticing that the bikes with the 520 chain had no bigger than 15 and 42. i then went and started looking at bikes with 428 chains and found that they offer much larger sprockets, including the size that is currently on my bike. so i know that the lifan is a 17/46 and that bikes is suppossed to go pretty decent so i just got a 2 tooth smaller rear gear. i might drop another two later on down to a 42 rear.

now i just need to wait for that beast to come in. my mso should be here next wek from roketa as well. i can't wait to get this thing on the road.
Hi guys/gals. Newbie here. I bought a Roketa RSX200E off eBay about a month ago. The MSO sent was incomplete and Vermont needs a completed MSO to register. I talked to the guy I bought it from, a dealer from GA, and he said to send him the MSO. Well I did, and apparently it is lost in the mail, and now he wont even reply to my e-mails or phone calls. How do I get a new MSO from Roketa? I've tried e-mailing them and had no returns. Kinda frustrated in the process at this point. Thanks in advance for the help! Site looks great BTW!

Old 01-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMYStreetRacer

Hi guys/gals. Newbie here. I bought a Roketa RSX200E off eBay about a month ago. The MSO sent was incomplete and Vermont needs a completed MSO to register. I talked to the guy I bought it from, a dealer from GA, and he said to send him the MSO. Well I did, and apparently it is lost in the mail, and now he wont even reply to my e-mails or phone calls. How do I get a new MSO from Roketa? I've tried e-mailing them and had no returns. Kinda frustrated in the process at this point. Thanks in advance for the help! Site looks great BTW!
To answer you question, I bought my Roketa from a vendor in CA. They send a partial filled out (not valid) MSO with the bike. Then, you fill out a request form with your invoice number, VIN number of the bike and your address. Then they send you the actual MSO. Reason for that is so that if the bike is stolen in transit, nobody can just go title it.

You don't send anything in the mail to the dealer.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #6

another chain question

So, I counted on my bike and I have a 17 front and 56 rear. If I am getting all this information correct it would be I would need a smaller number rear sprocket to achieve higher speed?

Smaller number on the rear=more speed

Old 01-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #7

the LIfan GY-5 comes with a 17 t front and 46 t rear as stock. They can hit 70 mph, but people report that they seem to cruise better at 60 to 65. As an aftermarket sprocket, the 46 t are hard to find, but the 44 t are far easier. The 17 should be fine as is. (all the above assumes you want to keep it primarily streetable)

Contact Bruce at EJ Cycles or Tom at RPM; either should be able to get you a sprocket.

(on the "home" page here under "dealers")

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #8

Thank you, exactly what I was trying to find out!

Old 01-07-2007, 11:55 PM   #9

Hi All
I have {4} 46T rear sprockets, in stock at almost all times. I sell the GY-5 so I am always building stock, to have parts for them here for my customers & others.

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net