Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #796

So finnaly seat is done.
I took pictures before and after, you can see the after looks bulky, maybe not the best but God is so soft and comfortable now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181027_082331.jpg (86.2 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20181027-WA0050.jpg (54.7 KB, 274 views)

Old 10-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #797

I installed a phone dock, and rotated the controls forward/down. Had to remove the locator pins to be able to do that, they are useless anyway. Also had to loosen and turn the brake hose, which was ridiculously tight. While I was in there I lubed the cables and throttle area, and tried to clean my turn signal switch. It's very hard/unreliable to cancel. That actually made it worse in some ways. Or just differently unreliable. Is there any adjustment or anything else to try before I just order a new control box?

Old 10-27-2018, 04:25 PM   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanca View Post
Hello friends, tomorrow I will send my seat to an upholster and will modify it to have more cushion and to avoid the seat as it is now to keep pushing me to the front.
This is causing discomfort and also my feet are not well aligned to the pegs.
I will send pics once it is done.
The price will be $17.50.
Wow, I like the look of that big flat butt place. Sitting in the stock wedge sucks. Sounds from your post above you have the same problem with the stock seat as me--being forced forward isn't a smashing good thing. Apologies for the pun, but that's about as nice as I can describe the torture. Also, with just a few centimeters of comfortable forward and backward movement and three sets of foot pegs the angles of my hips and knees can be varied quite a bit, allowing significantly longer periods between stops because so much less pain. Growing old makes all the old injuries hurt.

What would shipping be there and back to US of A? Would you be willing for me to send you my seat, have it done like yours, then ship it back? How much would you charge for the bother assuming you can get another done for $17.50? You should at least get a bottle of Ron Zacapa Centenario to relax after pleasant rides on your new seat, no?

Old 10-29-2018, 10:21 AM   #799

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
Wow, I like the look of that big flat butt place. Sitting in the stock wedge sucks. Sounds from your post above you have the same problem with the stock seat as me--being forced forward isn't a smashing good thing. Apologies for the pun, but that's about as nice as I can describe the torture. Also, with just a few centimeters of comfortable forward and backward movement and three sets of foot pegs the angles of my hips and knees can be varied quite a bit, allowing significantly longer periods between stops because so much less pain. Growing old makes all the old injuries hurt.

What would shipping be there and back to US of A? Would you be willing for me to send you my seat, have it done like yours, then ship it back? How much would you charge for the bother assuming you can get another done for $17.50? You should at least get a bottle of Ron Zacapa Centenario to relax after pleasant rides on your new seat, no?
Hello Sqwert

For me handing this to the guy to make it just like mine will be no issue, the issue here will be the importing and exporting of the seat.
First, we no longer have a postal service, so it has to come and go via courier ( fedex, dhl or UPS ), they charge almosy $ 50.00 US, each way, plus there is a lot of documents to fill, that will make it a hassle.
At the endo you will be end up paying almost $ 150.00, so I don't think it's worth it.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #800

It's paid for

well after three years the mighty Zong is paid for, made the last payment today. I would like to thank the people at CSC for making my purchase quick and easy. I don't make a whole lot of money and would never have been able to buy any other bike new, and it turned out to be three trouble free years. The zong only let me down once after my first valve adjustment kinked a fuel line putting tank back on and it stalled after about two tenths of a mile. Still haven't figured out how the fuel filter goes on that tang under the tank without kinking the lines. It was everything i thought it would be and more love my Zong it is sleeping now because it is getting real close to ripping on the 800 zuke my true passion are sleds

Old 11-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #801

I installed a 13-tooth sprocket, and "tuned up" the kickstand while I was replacing its spring. It was bent enough to make it very loose. I tightened it up in a vise, cleaned everything, and put dry lube on it instead of the dirty grease that was on there.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:03 AM   #802

Last night I started the process of swapping out the left-side multi-switch (turn, high beam, etc). What a pain in the butt. The connector is under the tank. So it's installed, and today I need to bolt the bike back together. While I was in there I did the coolant overflow tank swap (great deal on that from Tako), and installed a new clutch lever perch because mine was worn enough for the lever to be really sloppy. I guess I should go ahead and do the fuel sensor level tweak, because mine starts to flash when it's still got two gallons in it. And I just realized that I should put in a new 12v to USB converter so the phone will actually charge while running nav, rather than just kind of hold where it is. Hope I still have one laying around.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #803

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
Last night I started the process of swapping out the left-side multi-switch (turn, high beam, etc). What a pain in the butt. The connector is under the tank. So it's installed, and today I need to bolt the bike back together. While I was in there I did the coolant overflow tank swap (great deal on that from Tako), and installed a new clutch lever perch because mine was worn enough for the lever to be really sloppy. I guess I should go ahead and do the fuel sensor level tweak, because mine starts to flash when it's still got two gallons in it. And I just realized that I should put in a new 12v to USB converter so the phone will actually charge while running nav, rather than just kind of hold where it is. Hope I still have one laying around.
Tank off in under 5 min
Think I posted it here
Take seats of then take tank bolt out then the 4 stainless screws on side panels slip twist tank out unplug easy as
You should have a 1 amp charger and should be ok
I did a 3 amp unit n works worse then the stock 1 amp on your version so I charge just slowly

Old 11-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #804

While I was taking that much apart, I decided it would be smarter to pull the fairings too for better access. Needed to remove a wiring harness clamp on the left. And might as well do the coolant tank on the right. It's all back together, and I put in two burrito tubes (large and small). I've got one more large to go on the other side, but ran out of clamps.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #805

Quote:
While I was taking that much apart, I decided it would be smarter to pull the fairings too for better access. Needed to remove a wiring harness clamp on the left. And might as well do the coolant tank on the right. It's all back together, and I put in two burrito tubes (large and small). I've got one more large to go on the other side, but ran out of clamps.
While your at it mate, just drop the 300 kit in huh

Old 11-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanca View Post
Hello Sqwert

For me handing this to the guy to make it just like mine will be no issue, the issue here will be the importing and exporting of the seat.
First, we no longer have a postal service, so it has to come and go via courier ( fedex, dhl or UPS ), they charge almosy $ 50.00 US, each way, plus there is a lot of documents to fill, that will make it a hassle.
At the endo you will be end up paying almost $ 150.00, so I don't think it's worth it.
Well, I still have my wife's upholstery machine. Maybe I should change businesses, live in my nice earth tempered solar warmed and cooled as appropriate, LED illuminated buried pipe, totally off grid ? Just a little wishful, I suppose--not enough local work to buy Roxy's needs.

Thanks for taking the time for a clear explanation of the dysfunctions in Guatemala. Did some archeology in the Quetzaltenango rain forest in my younger days, seeking reasons for the collapse of the Maya culture. Amazing people.

What a beautiful place. I've heard about the wonderful parks to preserve plant and wildlife diversity now in place. Could be one of the world's most accessible public adventure tour locations. Caribbean one side, Pacific the other, build a wall along the Mexico border to keep the distribuidor de drogaor y sys matones out. Rich ag lands, jungles, deserts, lakes, you name it. 99% of locals probably would be a lot better off if the culture was a little kinder.

Isn't Guatemala still a representative democracy with organized crime killing off election winners left and right? Shows the people themselves are trying. Maybe a big government could help. After all We. S. of A. has already badly shafted the Guatemalans 4 or 6 times.

One of the most populated countries in Central America, and illegal Guatemalans are relatively rare in the U. S. of A. That says a lot about the quality of life in the nation in spite of horrid neighbors.

Too busy to make contacts when I was there, so lots of prayers over the years for the welfare of the local folks I did briefly meet. I was younger, and lots of really cute girls with deep dark eyes, and long lashes, but too shy to flirt with them. Stupid me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Highly recommended unless stirring gears gives you an orgasm. Leave the rest of the engine stock, run a couple more teeth on the wheel sprocket and it much better pulls the too close transmission ratios. 18mph to 78mph in 6th, no shifting, flat ground, no wind. Very nice. The only speed you lose is off a cliff.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #807

Quote:
Hah! That one is going to wait for my brother to show up, and we'll do it together. Being a mechanic, he works 2x faster than I do.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #808

Quote:
Hah! That one is going to wait for my brother to show up, and we'll do it together. Being a mechanic, he works 2x faster than I do.
Lucky for you! I could tell some horror stories about my brothers' mechanical work. We need a campfire, cool night, and one of those bottles.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:55 AM   #809

Windshield

Tried out the small windshield today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clear.jpg (91.3 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg Small black.jpg (94.3 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg small black2.jpg (91.8 KB, 265 views)

Old 11-30-2018, 01:37 AM   #810

looks sporty and looks good...

Quote:
Tried out the small windshield today

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap