Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #16

Send a message via ICQ to Spanky32 Send a message via AIM to Spanky32
2019 Tao Tao tbr7 250

Hi! I'm new to the forum and I have recently got a 19 tbr7 250 got one of the digital clusters and followed motocheez video and the first problem I ran into was that behind the headlight the original cluster has 2 plugs and when I plugged the in the one that fits I turned it on like in the video and all I got was a steady right turn indicator. Has anyone run into this and if so how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks >n advance

Old 05-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky32 View Post
Hi! I'm new to the forum and I have recently got a 19 tbr7 250 got one of the digital clusters and followed motocheez video and the first problem I ran into was that behind the headlight the original cluster has 2 plugs and when I plugged the in the one that fits I turned it on like in the video and all I got was a steady right turn indicator. Has anyone run into this and if so how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks >n advance
It sounds like it may be wired like the TT250.
You may have to re-pin a connector. mjstef has the instructions for it. Unfortunately I can't remember but I had the same issue when I installed mine on the TT.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-22-2019, 10:28 PM   #18

Quote:
LZ is probably correct.. Sure sounds like you need to trace your wires and re-pin a connector. Maybe make a jumper and start jumping pins and sorting out which ones you need to relocate.... Good luck

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #19

Quote:

If your name is Chris, Repin the plug like the instructions i sent you. 2LZ is correct and i remember going through this with him a few years ago. If it don't work yet let me know.............

Old 05-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #20

Just an update, The Tao TBR7 DOES use TT250 wiring pinout. I will send them out wired appropriately now that i know this.......

Old 05-24-2019, 01:48 AM   #21

thanks for the clarification

Yes I had the email wrong.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Just got another 100 units in Wednesday. Motocheez, People are sending payment through Hawk250.com but don't follow up with an e-mail. This has been an ongoing problem. I'm only on the computer 3-4 hours a week mostly doing invoicing for my main business so i have a hard time keeping up with tracking people down. Sometimes i'm a few days behind on e-mail. Also have 2 payments this week that came through where the Paypal e-mail bounces back so i have no way of contacting these people. Shipping 16 clusters this morning that where back ordered, The last 10 are going out Monday.

On the Storm, Nobody around me has a Storm to test fit on. They used to fit so some changes must have been made???
Are you asking for a guinea pig? I have a 2018 Storm if you need some specs or whatever. How much are the digital clusters?

Old 05-24-2019, 08:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggo View Post
Are you asking for a guinea pig? I have a 2018 Storm if you need some specs or whatever. How much are the digital clusters?

Clusters are $95 including shipping. I need a photo of both sides of the speed sensor as i only have one in stock now.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
If your name is Chris, Repin the plug like the instructions i sent you. 2LZ is correct and i remember going through this with him a few years ago. If it don't work yet let me know.............
Yes my name is chris and thank you for your help and I havent had time to try this yet but will in the next day or two.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:47 PM   #25

Ok, I did the wiring like the tt250 up front and did the rest under the tank. Had to depin all but one of the wires from the other side of the green plug. As my bike original cluster had all the wires already run for the gear indicator. would of rather just had all that wiring behind the headlight, but it worked out fine. the one wire from the original plug was for neutral. thanks for all the help. I love this new cluster. it is a vask improvement from the stock one.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:53 PM   #26

How can I get my hands on a Hawk250 Digital Cluster? Emailed the hawkclusters@gmail.com, and I’m sure mjstef will get to me but I was hoping to get the details on how to pay and where to provide my shipping information to? Anyone know? Thank you!

Old 08-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #27

Doesnt work on tbr7 Only get a turn signal indicator light nothing else.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Did you figure this out I have the same issue

Old 08-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #29

You'll have to change the wires in the main plug. For your reference, from the back of hawk cluster plug where the wires go into the plug, Lock tab facing up it's:

(lock tab)

Lt Blue Orange Green

Brown Yellow Dk Blue

Grn/Red (empty) Black

Old 09-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #30

Looking at buying a Brozz 250. Can this cluster be shipped to fit a Brozz or can it be made to work with repining a few connectors? I am assuming so, just haven't seen the Brozz specifically mentioned here and wanted to double check.