Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old 09-22-2017, 10:37 PM   #1

My 2nd Chinabike - Pitster LXR 250F

Didn't want to hi-jack Chonda's thread, but his thread definitely played a part in my recent purchase (link http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18766).

40' truck that delivered in the background here.

Got it put together in about 2 hours, much quicker this time now that I've got a couple years of wrenching on bikes under my belt. The first bike I got, Hawk 250, took me the better part of 2 days to get everything in order.

I was extremely impressed with the build quality and the way the bike handles. I just recently sold my KTM 200xc, and this feels eerily similar - just a little bigger and heavier. Planning on using the LXR as my track and off-road toy. I'm no hardcore MX racer or anything, just small-medium jumps at the track and some enduro style riding seems to be what I enjoyed the most after getting into motos.

Noticed some pretty loud pops when engine braking and a couple stalls afterwards, from what I've read I have quite a bit of break-in and letting the EFI tune itself before it's really ready to go. Still pleased with the power the bike has, and I haven't even cracked the throttle all the way open yet. I pretty much just rode around the block to warm up the engine a little bit, and then changed the oil (15w-40 per the manual for summer use).

Old 09-23-2017, 12:16 AM   #2

My buddy has one of these too. It is what made me get interested in this style of bike and subsequently get my Hawk. They are awesome machines, and I am sure you will have tons of fun. The hardware is a whole level above the standard china bike.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #3

You and Chonda have gotten me interested in the PP, but I would end up with the air-cooled bike (cost) if I get around to being able to afford a bike once again. I always liked the Galaxy bikes, and they were available in the US as 'SMC' off-road bikes back about 7 or 8 years ago, but not sure who the OEM is for PP nowadays, let alone your's and Chonda's fuel-injected beauties?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #4

I kept seeing the Galaxy's popping up when researching the bike, but I also see the brand Kayo everywhere in regards to the EFI.

In fact the owner's manual is by Kayo for the T Series of bikes. The manual has several sections covering the adjustment and maintenance of a carburetor, I may be wrong in assuming that's the Pitster XTR model with a very similar engine.

Front

Back

If the weather clears up, I'm hoping to hit the track tomorrow for some easy riding, still haven't fully broken the motor in yet.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichrisbot View Post
I kept seeing the Galaxy's popping up when researching the bike, but I also see the brand Kayo everywhere in regards to the EFI.

In fact the owner's manual is by Kayo for the T Series of bikes. The manual has several sections covering the adjustment and maintenance of a carburetor, I may be wrong in assuming that's the Pitster XTR model with a very similar engine.

Front

Back

If the weather clears up, I'm hoping to hit the track tomorrow for some easy riding, still haven't fully broken the motor in yet.
The Kayos seem to be everywhere in Europe. Pitster I believe is essentially an importer. My guess is that the bikes are actually made by Kayo. The Pitster LXR 250F looks to be identical in every way other than graphics and frame paint color to the Kayo K6. Likewise, the Pitster XTR 250 looks to be exactly the same as the Kayo T4. I believe Chonda said the efi unit in his Pitster is made by Kayo. If you search on youtube you won't find a whole lot of Pitster videos for those two bikes, but you will find tons of videos for the Kayo K6's and T4's. There are also lower end models T2 and K1. Sadly, most of the videos seem to be in Russian.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #6

Yeah I wish I understood Russian lol. There's only a handful of English videos of the LXR 250, but there's a ton on the K6. There's some pretty impressive MX riding being done on them as well, I don't imagine I'll be breaking the bike doing some smaller doubles and stuff like that.

Rained all today so I never got out to the track, hoping to get some gopro footage out there sometime this week.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:52 PM   #7

Sharp looking bike fer sure.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #8

Spent a lot of time looking at plastics to see which plastics/graphics might be compatible. Chonda found the KTM 200 gas tank was an easy swap on his LXR, the KTM 500 exc seems to have the most similarly shaped plastics from what I've found so far while browsing photos. The front radiator shrouds look just about identical, and the rear side panels are similarly shaped and sized with noticeable difference at the front of the panel near the shock reservoir. Also an additional mounting point at the top/front.

Might order some KTM graphics to swap with and see how the fit is.

vs.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #9

Pulled the mirrors off and went to the off-road park. Hadn't been out since last year so I'm pretty rusty and took it easy, but still tons of fun.

Off-road on the gnarly stuff the bike felt great, handled like a porkier version of my old KTM 200xc. I need to stiffen up the front and rear springs a bit, but suspension otherwise felt great. Tons of traction in the muddy and steep stuff, which was a huge difference from doing the same thing with my 2-stroke last year.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #10

Starting to hit bigger features than I used to do on the KTM, really loving this bike. Very easy to ride, handling is great, suspension seems to be set up perfectly for this kind of riding.

Bent my shift lever, going to bend it back and also order a spare. Also damaged my rear tube, I think I was running the pressure way too low. So I'll be pulling the rear wheel and swapping out with a heavy duty tube. I'm considering the mousse foam tubes so I don't have to worry about flats, but still doing some research on them.

Also will be needing a real skidplate, I think I'll order the TMD one that Chonda mounted on his bike, looks like it offers a lot of protection.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #11

Excellent video . I wish there were places like that to ride around here. Probably a good thing they don't because I'm sure I would break a few bones. lol. That ground looks awfully hard. Ouch!
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Excellent video . I wish there were places like that to ride around here. Probably a good thing they don't because I'm sure I would break a few bones. lol. That ground looks awfully hard. Ouch!
It's an awesome area, you do have to pay $10 to play but that's way cheaper than the MX track next door.

There's a supercross style track, a big MX track, and then a huge free-riding area. Only downside for the MX riders is that the tracks aren't maintained and watered meticulously like the real MX racing track next door.

Haven't hurt myself seriously out here, the free riding area has a lot of variety from beginner stuff to the gnarlier stuff that I haven't even attempted yet, and may not ever attempt lol.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #13

What I like about where you are riding is that it's wide open with no trees. Around here if you what to ride hills and trails it's in a wooded area with too many trees to run into. lol. The one place that I do ride that is wide open is basically flat with very minimal hills but lots of trails and mud holes.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #14

I've run into enough trees mountain biking to be wary lol.

Extra clutch/brake levers are on the way, along with another shift lever since I bent mine. I'll likely pull my current one off and bend it back into shape, but probably just a matter of time before I bend or break it again.

The shift lever:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Moto...311.0.0.ziV2Uq

The brake/clutch levers:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Alum...311.0.0.ziV2Uq

I was also very happy to see a full list of parts available for the bike on aliexpress.com, just search for Kayo K6. The NC250 engine is so popular and should have no issues tracking down parts either from overseas or from CSC. That's also assuming I can't get them directly from pitster pro, which would be the first place I go to check.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #15

Nice levers, I like both and not a bad price. Great to have a good source for parts too.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel