Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 09-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #1

Another headlight option

I don't know if anyone has tried this but I found a H4 45/45w bulb made by a company called EiKO on Amazon. It's a little more expensive than most 55w bulbs ( almost $17.00) but I was concerned about heat buildup with the 55w. The light pattern seems similar to the stock bulb but brighter. Hopefully it will be long lasting too.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #2

Good find. I've been really happy with my Genssi Elite LED. Especially since I spent a little time recently and tuned it by turning the element a little and it focused the beam for a fantastic pattern that also works amazing now when I hit the high beam. I've had it for a year now and no issues. Passive heat sink so no noisy fan to break like some other LEDs. Only thing I had to do was cut a hole in the rubber cap of the headlight assembly but no water has penetrated and I live in the Pacific Northwet!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elite-LED-He...4pzTDQ&vxp=mtr

Old 09-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
Good find. I've been really happy with my Genssi Elite LED. Especially since I spent a little time recently and tuned it by turning the element a little and it focused the beam for a fantastic pattern that also works amazing now when I hit the high beam. I've had it for a year now and no issues. Passive heat sink so no noisy fan to break like some other LEDs. Only thing I had to do was cut a hole in the rubber cap of the headlight assembly but no water has penetrated and I live in the Pacific Northwet!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elite-LED-He...4pzTDQ&vxp=mtr
I was just about to do the same mods with that style of bulb when I ran across the Eiko bulb. I've owned my bike for only a month and the thought of hacking away at any part of it kinda freaked me out. The Eiko bulb, after flattening the two tiny tabs, is a direct fit with no other modifications.
I did learn something new. Those little tabs are for keeping the bulb from turning in the reflector.
Give me about 58 more years and I might be smart by then.