Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 08-14-2017, 01:58 AM   #1

Custom ABS for Rx3?

Haai everyone. I was just looking through the inter-web and I found this. What do you guys think about this abs kit?

Here's the link :
https://world.taobao.com/item/554754...cket=10#detail

Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paeksukis View Post
Haai everyone. I was just looking through the inter-web and I found this. What do you guys think about this abs kit?

Here's the link :
https://world.taobao.com/item/554754...cket=10#detail
Looks pretty compelling. It seems as if the kit requires both front and rear disk brakes to already be installed. Further, only certain models seem to be supported.

M

Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #3

there is also a link to a complete EFI system that could be sweet:

https://world.taobao.com/item/554997...b-7e2a34bc1b35

Old 08-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSfoto1956 View Post
Looks pretty compelling. It seems as if the kit requires both front and rear disk brakes to already be installed. Further, only certain models seem to be supported.

M
Usually I only see the abs like the picture I've attached in the market. But it doesn't look like an abs to me because abs would have it's own control unit etc. But the one in the link, it really looks compelling. If i have the money i will surely buy and try it tho.. The kit provide brackets but I'm not sure if it will fit on the rx3.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #5

For an added $300 I would have been happy to have ABS on my Zong. Even if this is a relatively unsophisticated system it's better than nothing. I'm surprised that Zongshen is not already offering ABS since that is required in Europe starting (I think) in 2018. It may be that CSC is trying to keep the MSRP down so they did not opt for ABS on the US spec bikes.

Peter Y.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
For an added $300 I would have been happy to have ABS on my Zong. Even if this is a relatively unsophisticated system it's better than nothing. I'm surprised that Zongshen is not already offering ABS since that is required in Europe starting (I think) in 2018. It may be that CSC is trying to keep the MSRP down so they did not opt for ABS on the US spec bikes.

Peter Y.
I agree. Abs should be compulsory on all motorcycle. Not everyone has the skills to brake their bikes properly without locking their wheels. It happened to me few times but luckily I didn't fall and in control. My biggest fear = the front wheel locks during braking.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #7

Paeksukis, I think you are far more likely to lock up the rear wheel. That's where most accidents happen....stomp on rear brake, lock up rear end, ass over teakettle. The RX3 has a surprisingly strong rear brake compared to the front, particularly when new and the front brake is not bedded in.

Peter Y.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #8

I could see if you had a carbureted RX3 but why bother swapping when RX3's in USA are already fuel injected?

Is there switchgear to defeat the ABS when needed

Old 08-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Usually I only see the abs like the picture I've attached in the market. But it doesn't look like an abs to me because abs would have it's own control unit etc. But the one in the link, it really looks compelling. If i have the money i will surely buy and try it tho.. The kit provide brackets but I'm not sure if it will fit on the rx3.
My X-Moto came with the little springy pod (complete with ABS stickers!) on the rear and it did basically nothing. Didn't stop the brake from locking up when it got hot and the fluid expanded either (my mal-adjustment). Had to sit on the side of the trail for a while till it cooled. Neat looking gizmo but in my experience, strictly a sales tactic.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-15-2017, 03:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Paeksukis, I think you are far more likely to lock up the rear wheel. That's where most accidents happen....stomp on rear brake, lock up rear end, ass over teakettle. The RX3 has a surprisingly strong rear brake compared to the front, particularly when new and the front brake is not bedded in.

Peter Y.
Yeah usually it's the rear brake that locked. One time I try learning braking in wet road and locked my rear wheel. My bike wobbled like hell. That was scary. But I can't imagine if my front brakes locks up on slippery roads. 100% sure I'll fall.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
My X-Moto came with the little springy pod (complete with ABS stickers!) on the rear and it did basically nothing. Didn't stop the brake from locking up when it got hot and the fluid expanded either (my mal-adjustment). Had to sit on the side of the trail for a while till it cooled. Neat looking gizmo but in my experience, strictly a sales tactic.
Yeah. I found some review about that thing and it doesn't do anything. The wheel still locks up. And I'm have no idea how that small thing can imitate the real abs unit. It's like a scam.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Yeah. I found some review about that thing and it doesn't do anything. The wheel still locks up. And I'm have no idea how that small thing can imitate the real abs unit. It's like a scam.
you are right, it is based on this

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...es-are-not-abs

Old 08-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #13

I wonder if it does anything at all...

Makes me think of the fizz keepers scam back in the late 80's. They were basically an air pump lid to replace the original lid and you used to fill the partial soda bottle with air (not co2). It would sound like your cracking it open for the first time... but your soda is still flat the next day.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #14

These guy have tested it on their moped.

Check out their websites. There's a video where they test the abs system on their bikes.
http://abs-brake-system.com/

Old 06-09-2018, 09:11 PM   #15

Seems there is a kit - but I know for a fact this company doesn't make easy to fit ready to mount well stuff.
I bought the big brakes from them with several issues and some not yet resolved so I wont sell yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RX3 ABS.jpg (94.7 KB, 287 views)