Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2017, 12:16 AM   #16

the company that actually makes Yiben apparently has a pretty good reputation in Europe and Asian countries, but it looks like they get imported and sold under various names here instead of their brand name. Chinese bike companies are confusing as hell. I know this one seems much more solid and well built, then many other Chinese 50cc stuff,

Old 09-10-2017, 01:29 AM   #17

Did u checked pickup's voltage (U need a something that measures peak voltage... Honda # 07HGJ-0020100/ Google the building guides... )? The gap btw flywheel maybe too wide (weak reading) for generic CDI to work
---
According to http://forum.jorsindo.com/forum.php?...ad&tid=2505924 Typical carb Taiwanese GY6 family: >95v / >1.7v

Last edited by humanbeing; 09-10-2017 at 03:05 AM.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Did u checked pickup's voltage (U need a something that measures peak voltage... Honda # 07HGJ-0020100/ Google the building guides... )? The gap btw flywheel maybe too wide (weak reading) for generic CDI to work
---
According to http://forum.jorsindo.com/forum.php?...ad&tid=2505924 Typical carb Taiwanese GY6 family: >95v / >1.7v
yea I checked that, it's good, I have a Fluke that has a peak hold function

Old 09-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
as soon as the hurricane is gone, and if we survive and the bike survives, I will get you pics
For others curious . . additional context.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
For others curious . . additional context.
I was going to get some pictures of the wire colors, but of course it's raining yet again, we survived the storm ok, no damage except for the yard being a mess of branches and pine straw, several trees on houses down the street, and one roof blown off , and no power for three days

Old 09-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #21

original CDI, black, black/red, green, black/yellow, red/white. voltage input to the CDI is 100 volts ac at idle https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vqy5qgdiFy5sUjer2

Old 09-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #22

I never knew there were CDI's out there that also act as regulator rectifiers. I guess it make sense to put all your electrical stuff in one box.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
I never knew there were CDI's out there that also act as regulator rectifiers. I guess it make sense to put all your electrical stuff in one box.
the rectifier regulator is in the front behind the electrical access panel, this is just a regular CDI, volts in from the ignition high voltage coil on the stator, kill switch ground, those are the two on the small pin, then on the large plug, output to the coil, input from the trigger, ground, the stator has a separate output for the lighting AC side of the circuit, which runs of the rectifier regulator, the stator is strange in these, most 50cc have a 6 pole with one high voltage coil for the CDI, this is an 8 pole with two high voltage coils for the CDI, it's like a 150, since they build 150 stuff mostly, it makes sense to stock the same electrical for both bikes. you can bolt a 150 stator and flywheel right into a 50.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:25 PM   #24

100 volts AC into a CDI is not unusual, it has to step the voltage way up anyway, as the coils are fired with between 250-600 volts on the primary side