Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #1

Suspension questions

Just wondering if anyone has taken Honda front forks and subbed them onto the Apollo 250? I have the 2015 frame, not sure that means anything, but I was thinking of picking up some 2004 CR250 front forks and seeing if it would match the caliper mounting holes for the brake?

Anyone have any experience here? Also same for the rear, has anyone subbed a rear adjustable shock in the back? I would love to get riders sag and some adjustability on the bike. Any brand, any suggestions?

Thank you for any input.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #2

Experiment part one

Well I made a purchase to replace the rear of the bike. I want to be able to set rear sag, and basically adjust to my riding style. This should come in next week, I targeted the entire linkage set up not really knowing what to expect to find when I start putting it together. A front fork replacement is next, but I am worried that the front caliper wont line up. Who knows? One step at a time. Flying blind, but I do not mind. Between this, my retro 1968 Magnavox cabinet stereo console remod and my 3.5 year old daughter....I stay busy enough lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg honda suspension purchase.jpg (88.2 KB, 547 views)