Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2017, 03:10 AM   #1

APSCUSA Shipping Time??

I ordered a Hawk 250 from APSCUSA on February 27th, and now on March 8th they still have not shipped it out yet. It's been 9 days, maybe I'm just too impatient, but each time I've called they have told me it will ship tomorrow. Last call they told me I was "upgraded" to the Enforcer. Making me think they don't have he hawk in stock anymore?

To others who purchased through APSCUSA, what were your shipping times like?

I've heard alot of good stuff about them, which is why I went with them, but I really would like this thing delivered before spring break, so I have time to put it together. And at this point I'm not confident it's going to ship any time toon.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:01 AM   #2

There was nothing but good stuff about them for quite awhile, up until a few months ago. Then they seemed to have hit a shipping snag for many people. It wasn't just Hawks, either. One member ordered 2 of the Grom clones in early December to get them by Christmas, and he did not get them until early January. It seems to be hit or miss with them. Two recent members who pulled the trigger and become early Enforcer owners did not seem to take very long to receive their bikes, so I can't think what would delay yours, other than they really haven't changed you to an Enforcer after all?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #3

I ordered my Enforcer last Monday. Shipping paperwork was done the next day on Tuesday. It was at the shipping company on Wednesday. The shipper was a day late in putting it on the truck; they loaded in on the first truck on Thursday. I had the bike on Monday. So, a week total from the time I paid online, which is pretty good.

The situation with your bike depends on two things: 1) the color you ordered and 2) where your bike is shipping from. the other guy on here, Enforcer17, and I originally ordered green, which are in a warehouse in California. He had the same situation as you and waited weeks. They told him that the green ones where stuck on a freight train in Cali. Even before I knew that I suspected something was up with the green ones just based on how they acted on the phone about the green ones. Don called me the first night, Monday, to line up the shipping. I asked him to changed the color to Red and have it ship from Texas. So did Enforcer17; he did the same thing. They both shipped out the very next day and we both had them days later.

Regardless of the color, I think that if your bike is shipping out of Cali, then that might be the problem. Our bikes shipped out of Texas. I was also given an option of what warehouse I wanted it to ship from, Cali or Texas. Don suggested Texas from the beginning.

Sorry for being long winded, but it boils down to where your bike was supposed to be shipped from. If you ordered green, then it has to be Cali, and therein lies the problem. I would call them and ask about changing the color and the location it ships from. I've seen that with them you have to be proactive and ask them to do things. They won't do things on their own, but if you ask, they will do it. I stayed on top of them with contact and I made the decisions about the change in color and shipping location. They did everything I asked; I don't think I'd have the bike in my possession if I hadn't been proactive in calling them and asking for things.

Also, I got an updated invoice when I changed my color to red. Did you get a new invoice when you got changed to Enforcer? If not, that could be part of the problem.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #4

As culcune knows, CB's have a tendency to come and go over time.

First, the Lifan GY(2 and 5) were the hot items about a decade ago....and went away. Then the TMEC was a hot item and faded in a couple years, same with the Storm, as examples. There were many including Hensims and X-Motos that made a splash and faded after the containers emptied.

I wonder if the Hawk is starting to fade and they're now stock piling Enforcers? Just a thought, reflecting on history.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
There were many including Hensims and X-Motos that made a splash and faded after the containers emptied. I wonder if the Hawk is starting to fade.
We have 300 Hawks in the warehouse, and 200 XMotos. More containers are in transit.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
We have 300 Hawks in the warehouse, and 200 XMotos. More containers are in transit.
Good to hear. How many Enforcers? Any movement on getting the Hawk streetable in 49 states?

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 03-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #7

Quote:
As culcune knows, CB's have a tendency to come and go over time.

First, the Lifan GY(2 and 5) were the hot items about a decade ago....and went away. Then the TMEC was a hot item and faded in a couple years, same with the Storm, as examples. There were... Hensims and X-Motos that made a splash and faded after the containers emptied.

I wonder if the Hawk is starting to fade and they're now stock piling Enforcers? Just a thought, reflecting on history.
The Hawk comes from the Hensim company. Haosen is Hensim for the most part. 8 or 9 years agothe Hensim dual sports came from a mail-order company in Oklahoma as it seemed like Hensim itself in the L.A. area never quite got them. I think they ordered a container or two, and sold out and that was that (my theory). When the Hawks were starting to get 'big' around here, I thought they were the same bike as the old Hensim, but thanks to Google Images, that was not the case. X-Moto seems to be on the rebound, although they didn't seem as stable in the marketplace as Apollo(meaning they used to come and go). It seems like they are offering a few bikes and pitbikes and seem to go head to head with Apollo. RPS carries both brands.

Quote:
Any movement on getting the Hawk streetable in 49 states?
Why not think big--FIFTY STATES!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-08-2017, 07:09 PM   #8

The Hawk will still be a hot seller,the price of the Enforcer already went up.I consider a $1399.94 or less shipped a bargain price.

Last edited by chuck; 03-09-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #9

My Hawk took about a week and a half to get up here from Texas. It did have a Memorial day weekend stop when it waited for another truck to pick it up at the depot. It shipped on the same day that I ordered it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shipping.JPG (57.4 KB, 512 views)

Old 03-08-2017, 08:54 PM   #10

Well I ordered a blue hawk, APS told me it is in stock in Texas and it's been marked to ship out. So I'm not sure what the hold up is. But I talked with a fellow from APS today, to see if I can't just go down to the warehouse and pick it up, if they refund me the shipping amount. Dallas is a ~4 hour drive for me so it's not too bad. He said that work out and he would have Don call me tomorrow to confirm it all.

From what this guy said I don't know if there really is any upgrade to an enforcer. I didn't get any invoice for one, my account on their site shows a hawk still. And that's what the guy on the phone today mentioned, so I'll have to clear it up with Don tomorrow. I don't really care if I get the hawk or the enforcer both can be registered in Oklahoma so I'm good either way. In fact I passed some guy riding a Hawk I'm my own town just the other day!

They seem to have great customer service, I guess its just kinda hard to organize items in warehouses across the country from their location.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrotechnics View Post
Well I ordered a blue hawk, APS told me it is in stock in Texas and it's been marked to ship out. So I'm not sure what the hold up is. But I talked with a fellow from APS today, to see if I can't just go down to the warehouse and pick it up, if they refund me the shipping amount. Dallas is a ~4 hour drive for me so it's not too bad. He said that work out and he would have Don call me tomorrow to confirm it all.

From what this guy said I don't know if there really is any upgrade to an enforcer. I didn't get any invoice for one, my account on their site shows a hawk still. And that's what the guy on the phone today mentioned, so I'll have to clear it up with Don tomorrow. I don't really care if I get the hawk or the enforcer both can be registered in Oklahoma so I'm good either way. In fact I passed some guy riding a Hawk I'm my own town just the other day!

They seem to have great customer service, I guess its just kinda hard to organize items in warehouses across the country from their location.
, who frigging knows
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The Hawk comes from the Hensim company. Haosen is Hensim for the most part. 8 or 9 years agothe Hensim dual sports came from a mail-order company in Oklahoma as it seemed like Hensim itself in the L.A. area never quite got them. I think they ordered a container or two, and sold out and that was that (my theory). When the Hawks were starting to get 'big' around here, I thought they were the same bike as the old Hensim, but thanks to Google Images, that was not the case. X-Moto seems to be on the rebound, although they didn't seem as stable in the marketplace as Apollo(meaning they used to come and go). It seems like they are offering a few bikes and pitbikes and seem to go head to head with Apollo. RPS carries both brands.
I remember all the excitement around here when the Hensim 250 dual sport came out around 2010. Unfortunately, it was short lived and for whatever reason, vanished in a short time. If I recall, Hensim folded up shop here in the states???

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #13

Thumbs Up

Congrats of the purchase !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrotechnics View Post

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 03-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #14

Mine took a couple weeks or more to ship. I think they like to ship a bunch all at once and wait until a truck can be filled. Just be patient it will come, good things are worth waiting for!

Old 03-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #15

That makes since for shipping in bulk. I have this week off so it's my chance to have time to put it together. I'm too impatient to wait so I called Don to arrange a local pickup he is refunding me the shipping cost, and I'll drive down to Texas to pick it up myself. 4 hour drive each way but it's worth it