Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #1

Thumbs Down Horrible experience with APSCUSA (NEGATIVE)

So I posted a question 4 weeks ago about what company I should buy a GTK150 (4 seater go kart) from. I got postive replies about APSC so I spoke with Don and seemed very comfortable buying from him. He talked me out of the 4 seater and into 2 separate karts. He put together a fair priced package and said I'd have it no later then a couple days since they are being shipped from Atlanta and I'm in Tampa. Well after numerous calls and continued excuses about "trucking company delays" and "it's being shipped today" ; indeed, 3 weeks later, still no karts. I spoke with them today and sure enough, it was never shipped and now it's a "computer problem". They said they will be refunding me my money and I can reorder next week with the "new computer system". Unfortunately, I've lost all trust in these people. I've seen all the positive reviews with them and wanted to give them a shot but boy am I disappointed! Buyer beware of APSCUSA.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:17 PM   #2

Try contacting AdamRinkleff on here.He can probably get you in contact with a company to get what you want. Here's his profile. http://www.chinariders.net/member.php?u=29815

Old 11-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #3

Thanks Ben, I'll give them a try.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #4

Wow! That's unbelievable. I feel sorry for you having so much problems. I order a Hawk and a UTV from them and it only took about a week. I had damage on the UTV and they sent out replacement parts the next day. Only took 2 days to get them. I also ordered parts for an older atv I have and got them quick. Somebody put the VooDoo on it. It sounds like if something could of went wrong with your order it did. I had that happen to me with KilerMotorsports. I ordered an ATV for my daughter in November to make sure I had it before Christmas and didn't get it till the 2nd week of January. It worked out ok. It was right before her birthday. I hope you get everything worked out.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 11-10-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #5

Just the willingness to offer you a refund is still a classy move as opposed to some of these retailers. Not selling many karts as opposed to 2 wheelers I bet. Someone screwed up.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by off2sleep View Post
they are being shipped from Atlanta
That would imply a 3rd party drop shipper is involved in the issue . . since American Products Sales Center is located in Adamsville, TN.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
That would imply a 3rd party drop shipper is involved in the issue . . since American Products Sales Center is located in Adamsville, TN.
There is a Taotao warehouse in Atlanta--that is my guess. I am sure that APSCUSA does not stock every single product they offer, and that does not make them 'wrong' but it would take things out of their control. Not to defend them, necessarily, either, but rather my theory on what happened, and I do agree that they should have checked back and communicated a bit more.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Thanks Ben, I'll give them a try.
You're welcome. Good luck.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:13 PM   #9

An update...After researching my best options from this forum, I called TxPowersports and decided to order from them. I ordered 2 go karts, a GTK150 (taotao 4 seater) and a Monster 200. I decided on the monster 200 cause they had it $400 cheaper then most other places. I got a discount code from one of there employees I spoke to over the phone...MUD1, which was $25 off. So of course I wondered if MUD2 would work...yup, $50 off, yet finally MUD3 was the last one that worked...$100 off. I opted for same day processing (which was $30 x 2, which I figured big deal cause I already got $100 off &#128516. I received a UPS freight tracking number the next day and they will be shipped to my door (liftgate service included) Tuesday. Indeed, this will be so much easier not having to rent a trailer and go pick them up at a truck terminal. I'm lucking forward to getting them. Wish me luck putting them together! 😬

Old 11-13-2016, 11:47 PM   #10

Quote:
An update...After researching my best options from this forum, I called TxPowersports and decided to order from them. I ordered 2 go karts, a GTK150 (taotao 4 seater) and a Monster 200. I decided on the monster 200 cause they had it $400 cheaper then most other places. I got a discount code from one of there employees I spoke to over the phone...MUD1, which was $25 off. So of course I wondered if MUD2 would work...yup, $50 off, yet finally MUD3 was the last one that worked...$100 off. I opted for same day processing (which was $30 x 2, which I figured big deal cause I already got $100 off &#128516. I received a UPS freight tracking number the next day and they will be shipped to my door (liftgate service included) Tuesday. Indeed, this will be so much easier not having to rent a trailer and go pick them up at a truck terminal. I'm lucking forward to getting them. Wish me luck putting them together! 😬
I have never read one good thing about TXPowersports here or anywhere else for that matter. Good luck..

Old 11-14-2016, 08:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I have never read one good thing about TXPowersports here or anywhere else for that matter. Good luck..
The Cubs winning, Trump winning, and someone having a horrible experience with APSCUSA and buying from TXPowersports (aka 'Manny') instead the past couple weeks, means something crazy, like a Supermoon, is going on!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The Cubs winning, Trump winning, and someone having a horrible experience with APSCUSA and buying from TXPowersports (aka 'Manny') instead the past couple weeks, means something crazy, like a Supermoon, is going on!

Old 11-14-2016, 10:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
to quote the great philosopher Bill Murry " Cats and Dogs living together"

Old 11-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #14

Quote:
they are being shipped from Atlanta... it was never shipped and now it's a "computer problem".
It's probably an issue on Taotao's end. They've been having a bit of a meltdown.