Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2024, 08:00 PM   #1

2013 SSR XF250GY Carb Replacement

anyone know a good carb to replace the stock MV30? im finding it has a 37mm inlet. I thought maybe PE30, but its 35mm in size.

anyone have any good suggestions, or maybe a good jet kit i could try?

Old 02-24-2024, 09:36 PM   #2

Wow, a CV carb. I have never seen a CV carb on these 1 cylinder engines. Rebuild kits for this MV30 carb have the diaphram connected to the flat slide. Sure enough, that is a CV type carb.

Are you replacing the throttle cable for a standard VM or other direct cable connection, or will the original cable work?

Regarding that 2mm difference, how stiff is the intake rubber. You may be able to dremel off a mm around the circumference and it will fit OK. I've seen more drastic surgery (PWK carb on a PE mount just a couple of days ago on this site as I recall).

Last edited by Thumper; 02-25-2024 at 04:18 AM.

Old 02-25-2024, 07:59 PM   #3

well, i had a PWK30 from amazon delivered today. it fit the stock boot, a little on the loose side but the clamp still clamped down, and i didnt have any leaks. i have to mess with the carb to airbox boot because its small, but with a little cutting and a clamp i can make it work.

seems to run better with this carburetor after i dropped the needle 1 notch and went up a pilot. it still breaks up a little but is way better than it was.

i purchased a new throttle cable, just need to install it to the twist side.

the PWK30 IS NOT a CV carb. i may try a original replacement MV30 at some point but honestly the jets for the PWK are more common and it shares the same jets as the PZ30 on my RXB230.

Old 02-25-2024, 10:27 PM   #4

There's really no reason you have to get another CV carb. Just need a compatible throttle cable for the PWK.

The side of the MV that goes to the engine intake is split with upper portion going to the vacuum side of the diagram through a window opened by the throttle cable!

So it''s not a direct connection to the slide! Weird carbs! The vacuum of the intake lifts the slide. You probably know this.

Old 02-25-2024, 11:42 PM   #5

yes, im somewhat familiar with the CV carbs. i decided to try another CDI box as well, one with variable timing control. found that on amazon, same place i got the CDI thats currently in it

i got this bike with no spark, after replacing a bad coil, it was intermittent. couldnt find the right CDI, they would plug in but no spark, so i direct wired a 6 pin DC CDI in and i got perfect spark.

runs decent but has a hesitation/gargle off idle sometimes but its way better with the PWK.

doesnt help temps here are in the low 30's so its probably really lean

Old 02-27-2024, 10:44 PM   #6

It sounds like you found a replacement already, but there is a jet kit for the SSR xf250 MV30 on Amazon which worked well for me. I still have the original carb on my 2013. If I wanted to replace it, I'd get another MV30 from Engtoaobao for about $20.

I like the way the CV works with altitude and temperature changes.