Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #1

Wink Coolster 125 Mods

Hi. I have bought a new Coolster 125cc pit bike. It runs great. I thrash it through some trails and mud. Everything is stock now. What mods could make it even more fun to ride. I enjoy riding it. Wanted to see what are the best mods that aren't too expensive. Also what is a good website to get mods for a coolster 125cc pit bike. It is a manual. Also where is a good place to get a manual. It is a QG-214.

Thanks

Old 08-07-2018, 10:58 PM   #2

The easiest mods are aftermarket exhaust and quick advance CDI with a bigger main jet.

I'm a scooter rider so I'm not sure which site is best for pit bikes.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #3

Thanks. I am now looking into what mikunni carb will match mine or the jets. Thank you so much for the information.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:24 PM   #4

what really makes a bike more fun to ride isn't power but good suspension...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 05-21-2022, 08:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
what really makes a bike more fun to ride isn't power but good suspension...

Old thread but we’re gonna attempt to bring it back. What suspension would you recommend with a 150lb rider. Also, I want to actually lower the bike to feel more like a 110. Is this possible with the stock “mx” style swing arm?

Old 05-21-2022, 11:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_spliff View Post
Old thread but we’re gonna attempt to bring it back. What suspension would you recommend with a 150lb rider. Also, I want to actually lower the bike to feel more like a 110. Is this possible with the stock “mx” style swing arm?
Which bike do you have? Too many people say "this maker 125" when they have about 3-6 versions of a 125cc bike. Also, I really wouldn't lower a dirt bike. They're built like that for clearance. The lower the bike, the less clearance you have. If you do wish to lower your bike, change the wheel size. If you're at 17/14 go to 14/12. Suspension wise, you can try changing for fork oil, and going with a different shock. DNM is the most cost effective shock to go with. You can swap out the fork also, but it gets a little pricey. DNM, fast ace, and marzocchi have options, but they're all over $400.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Which bike do you have? Too many people say "this maker 125" when they have about 3-6 versions of a 125cc bike. Also, I really wouldn't lower a dirt bike. They're built like that for clearance. The lower the bike, the less clearance you have. If you do wish to lower your bike, change the wheel size. If you're at 17/14 go to 14/12. Suspension wise, you can try changing for fork oil, and going with a different shock. DNM is the most cost effective shock to go with. You can swap out the fork also, but it gets a little pricey. DNM, fast ace, and marzocchi have options, but they're all over $400.
I have the 214 125cc. So looking at the bike it’s a 50 from with tall forks and a “mx” style swingarm which just jacks the bike up. It’s got 14/12 wheels. Smaller forks and “a” style swingarm is more than likely the answer I was looking for. I just went with an inch shorter shock in the rear and it sits a lot better for my preference.
My next question is going to be what plastics are used? They look like Honda 50 plastics but I’m not 100%

Old 05-27-2022, 11:40 PM   #8

Ok. That looks a lot like my Tao tao db17 frame, but with a different fork and swingarm. You might need crf70 plastics. They were a direct bolt on for me.

Shortening the shock without addressing the fork is not the best way to do things. That really effects the handling of the bike. If you rode it enough to get a feel for it before the new shock, you may notice the bike steering a little slower than before.

I'm doing a super moto build, so my needs are a little different, but I actually went with a 30mm shorter fork, a 10mm taller shock, but I also went 12/12 on the wheels. My bike now sits at Grom height.

Old 05-28-2022, 03:13 PM   #9

That build is coming along nice I just checked out your photos. And looking at the photos I notice you have a subframe bolted on my frame is all one piece. Does this mean it slightly shorter and more than likely 50 plastics?
And I do plan on changing the front forks I really just need to take it apart and start measuring, that’ll give me the best answer surely on where to go from here.

Old 07-01-2022, 08:23 AM   #10

Coolster M125

Anyone seen any good online deals on these 125s?

I can get one locally for $1200. Online I see them going for under a grand but then everyone wants $300-$400 for shipping. The local dealer has a good reputation so I'm leaning towards going that route.

Looking at the Coolster M-125 for my kid turning 14... Seems like a nice bike. Rear suspension kinda feels like a Walmart MTB but otherwise I'm impressed...

Tags
coolster manual, coolster mods, coolster pit bike, coolster upgrades.