Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #91

Installed hand guards and a new shift lever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0631.jpg (99.2 KB, 738 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0632.jpg (98.8 KB, 786 views)

Old 04-02-2015, 01:44 PM   #92

Great pictorials!

What drill bit sizes did you end up with using on your carb?

Is that mixture screw assessable only by removing the carb bowl?

Nice handguards. Where did you get them?

Old 04-02-2015, 01:56 PM   #93

The mixture screw can be accessed with the bowl on, you only need a small screw bit to turn it while the carb is on the bike. This fine adjusts the low speed jetting of the carb.

I dont recall the final jetting but will get the specs and update.

Hand guards are from ebay for cheap. The expanding mandrels that go in the bar ends were crap so I had to refab them. I had a bunch of pictures but lost them.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:15 PM   #94

I think my stator is bad, would like to order a high output one from Ricky. Any idea what stator will work?

Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #95

I over drilled on a chinese scooter so I just soldered the jet shut and redrilled smaller....worked fine till a dog got under the front wheel and bent it all up.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #96

For oil changes you only need a 12mm for the skid plate and a 24mm socket for the side cover. The regular oil drain is a 17mm. You might as well use the 24mm side port and clean the oil filter screen while your there. Bike takes exactly 1 quart of oil. I had to break th cap off my dipstick to access the oil fill, was too large and hit the frame.

I've got 122 miles on the bike and I'm happy so far. Typical China stuff is broken.

Tires are decent for off-road and bike handles great, on road they are a little soft and squirmy. They might be too soft, bike seems like it would benefit from some cheap Shinko's , some 244's or SR241's will be just the ticket. Ordered a 48 tooth rear sprocket off eBay UK. This bike needs more gear bad, all the power is down low. Seems happiest around 45-50mph with stock gearing, looking to get up to 60-65 with gearing.

Old 04-03-2015, 11:41 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmprestine View Post
Thanks for the comments. I need to get back on here, I have been side tracked by a CX500 café racer build.
Please start a thread on that! Plenty of CX fans around here, and also several café nuts.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #98

Fantastic pics and write-up; thanks for taking the time. You could have trouble finding a larger slow jet, and that's exactly why I swap to Mikuni carbs. Nothing wrong with the Keihin clones otherwise.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTrack View Post
For oil changes...bike takes exactly 1 quart of oil.

Ordered a 48 tooth rear sprocket off eBay UK. This bike needs more gear bad, all the power is down low. Seems happiest around 45-50mph with stock gearing, looking to get up to 60-65 with gearing.
I don't know if you researched it or took my advice from one of the threads for the 48 tooth sprocket, but I could only find one dealer in the UK out of all the dealers in the UK and Continental Europe I could find who was willing and able to mail order a darn sprocket. It was far less complicated than JT Sprockets official channels, and cheaper too! I just wish there was a 46 or 44 they made!?

I have religiously used 1 liter of oil for my changes, but not sure if it makes a big difference using 1 quart. One of the chain auto parts stores carries Castrol 10w-40 4-stroke oil in both liter and quart sizes, so I have always bought that (probably a little fancy, but the savings in gas for my daily 33 mile commute more than make up for paying a couple bucks extra). I have the street tires, which are still great after over 5k miles, so I will be interested to see how the knobbies are in comparison.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Fantastic pics and write-up; thanks for taking the time. You could have trouble finding a larger slow jet, and that's exactly why I swap to Mikuni carbs. Nothing wrong with the Keihin clones otherwise.
Unlike my old '09 TMEC, I have not touched the idle screw or anything, as well as there are no exhaust leaks on my new TMEC, meaning the stock carb, at least for me as a daily commuter at 33 miles round trip, works fine.

If I was planning some trail riding on it (I would definitely want knobbies, LOL), I would probably swap to one of those Mikunis you always link to, so I could play with the jets. But bone stock, the carb is well suited to the bike right out of the crate, at least for my intended purposes!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #101

Here is a link to the CX500 build that I have going right now.

http://cx500forum.com/forum/cx-custo...500-build.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Please start a thread on that! Plenty of CX fans around here, and also several café nuts.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #102

Thanks for the link. I like how you supported the front of the frame with a long tube through the steering neck; I hadn't thought of that.

Good thing you pulled that oil pump pickup. Gross.

I like stock CX bikes just fine, but there's something about them that makes them ideal for hot rodding. Are you planning on clip-ons and rear sets?

Old 04-18-2018, 07:36 PM   #103

I need a front and rear wheel for a 2013 tmec200, what will fit?? it has disc brakes.

also will it run ON road, ie plate here in Los angeles?

g

Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh426 View Post
I need a front and rear wheel for a 2013 tmec200, what will fit?? it has disc brakes.

also will it run ON road, ie plate here in Los angeles?

g
Regarding plating, I'm not sure if there's a loophole for those who have lived outside the state. Culcune would know.
That said, the only plate-able China Bikes sold here in CA are the CSC line and the SSR XF250.....or if you can find a used QLink.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Tags
163fml, 200cc, tmec, tmec-200, tmec-200-1