Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2018, 07:59 PM   #1

White smoke

So my sons Apollo 007 started blowing lots of white smoke out the exhaust. It also has a lot of oil around the muffler. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Where can I buy parts for this bike also?

Old 04-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #2

Sounds like you need new piston rings and/or piston.

You should pull the head to if you have either a 52.4MM piston or a 54MM piston so you will know what size to order. The piston and/or rings can be found easily online.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:53 PM   #3

i would make sure its oil and not a rich carb, or vacuum leak.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #4

Sorry guys it’s an old thread. I ordered a new gasket and piston with rings and walked my son through it after watching many videos. That was about middle of February. It worked great ran better than ever. After about two weeks of riding the smoke came back not as bad as the first time but it did start smoking again. I haven’t fixed it yet not sure what to do but again replace gasket, piston, and rings. My son doesn’t ride too much and I’ve been so busy with my hawk I haven’t had time to mess with it but now that I got my bike running good and hopefully no more problems. Does anyone know what would cause the bike to start smoking again after replacing piston and rings?

Old 04-03-2018, 09:27 PM   #5

Pistons ,rings ,and valves usually smoke blue not white ,when you replaced everything earlier what was the clearances or did you even bother to measure anything ?

Old 04-03-2018, 10:58 PM   #6

Nope measured nothing. I ordered generic Chinese 125cc piston set up and it seemed to fit and seemed the same size but maybe it was wrong. So do you think I maybe got the wrong size?

No blue smoke just white.

I also adjusted valves for first time when changed piston and rings. Bike ran really good after doing this. Better than before just started smoking white again after doing this. I’ve searched this forum for more info on the Apollo 125cc 007 model and can find nothing on mods or info.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:09 PM   #7

With the new piston did you get a new cylinder? If not, did you check the bore size and hone the old cylinder for the new rings?

Even better, have you done a compression test?
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-04-2018, 07:09 AM   #8

Are you sure the smoke is white? White smoke usually means there's water coming into the cylinder (or exhaust) from somewhere. Does it smoke all the time or only when started cold?

Old 04-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #9

I agree with Krasi. Also, is the vent tube unrestricted? It's important that it has no kinks and is not plugged.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Hawk View Post
So my sons Apollo 007 started blowing lots of white smoke out the exhaust. It also has a lot of oil around the muffler. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Where can I buy parts for this bike also?

I used to work on lawn mowers. Could be a bad head gasket. Usually it would start fine and start smoking after it warmed up. Just throwing it out there. There are many other things too. Start with the other suggestions. Just keep this in mind.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:03 PM   #11

Is the spark plug oily? If it's not, then it could be the valve seals. If the Valve seals leaking on the exhaust side it will usually be white smoke but will usually stop smoking after it warms up. It doesn't take much oil to make a lot of smoke if its leaking on the exhaust side.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
With the new piston did you get a new cylinder? If not, did you check the bore size and hone the old cylinder for the new rings?

Even better, have you done a compression test?
I did none of this don’t even know what hone the old cylinder means. Never done a compression test either. But I will learn thanks for giving me something to look into and study.

Smokes definitely white and it smokes all the Time.

I’ll check vent tube for restrictions or kinks.

I replaced the head gasket along with piston and rings. Like I said it stopped smoking and worked great for a couple of weeks after I replaced them. But started smoking again not as bad as the first time but it did start again.

I did see that it could be the valve seals. I’ve never changed them before so I need to look into how to do this. So I’ll check my spark plug for oil. Thanks everyone for giving me somewhere to start looking.