Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Illinois CSC RX3

I visited the Charleston Illinois Secretary of State Office (DMV) this morning and have to admit I was a bit nervous walking in.... Immediately was summoned to the counter of judgement and started surrendering paperwork as directed. Right off the bat she tells me the "hummm the system doesn't like your vin" . . . great ... visions of Ron and DualsportChic start passing through my mind and beads of sweat break across my forehead. She keeps tapping away and a moment later mumbles "ok that worked" .. I didn't ask what worked as I didn't want to upset the positive vibes and flow of the moment. A moment or two later she asks exactly what is the make, Zongshen or CSC Motorcycles? I tell her CSC is listed in 2015 EPA/D.O.T. approved manufacturer list. She says that's good enough for her and goes with CSC .... The computer accepts that and we move on. A moment later she tells me the system refuses to accept RX3 or Cyclone as a model. . . Well shit! She continues to type and then laughs and says "I changed the model to 250cc and it accepted that" ... I'm thinking Hell I dont care if you register it as a unicorn ... just go with what works darlin' ... but I smile and say thank you. . . A few moments later I sign a couple papers and write them 3 checks for the State coffers. Then this by now damned near Angelic woman hands me my plate and registration/sticker and copies of other paperwork Im not likely to look at again unless forced to. I couldn't help the idiotic smile on my face as I exited the Illinois tribute facility. . . but hey - Got my tags now I need something to mount them on which according to Road Runner Transport should be in the next 24 hours!

So .... Future RX3 owners in Illinois .... make a note of this and you should sail through!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-24-2016, 04:35 PM   #2

well, roadrunner would not bring my bike to mattoon, they gave that task to another place called dhorn, so i wish you luck getting it on time

Old 05-24-2016, 05:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
well, roadrunner would not bring my bike to mattoon, they gave that task to another place called dhorn, so i wish you luck getting it on time
Yes it's going to Decatur for a subcontractor to deliver ... I'll wait and see.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Yes it's going to Decatur for a subcontractor to deliver ... I'll wait and see.
... yep did the same thing to me ... in 3 days, it made it from california to chicago, passed my house 3 times, 3 days later it was in decatur, and was going to be another 2 days to my house ... 5 days to go on a 3 hour trip ... i just went and picked it up ... lol

Old 05-24-2016, 08:24 PM   #5

Congratulations.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-25-2016, 12:49 AM   #6

Dpl, I know you were bite a hole in your lip to keep from saying anything you would regret. I sure bowing down with hat in hand begging to pay tax to your beloved hellonois wasn't your idea of a pleasant aftrrnoon..
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~