Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #61

They probably are really busy with Christmas sales. You will be happy that you bought the larger trailer. Loading all those toys will be easy will more space. I have a 16' now and wish I had a 20'.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
Thanks everybody for the compliments on the trailer, I really didn't want to buy it, I thought I could make due with the old one for a while. When I got home from work tonight, there was a package containing the promised helmet on the porch.
Excellent! Here's hoping the other items fall into place as well.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #63

X2.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
They probably are really busy with Christmas sales. You will be happy that you bought the larger trailer. Loading all those toys will be easy will more space. I have a 16' now and wish I had a 20'.
Yes they are busy with Christmas I am sure, but a simple email to let me know what is going on would be nice. They are drop shippers I believe so they have to contact where they ordered it and that takes time but an update would be nice. I put in the parts request Monday and on their form popped up that my request has been sent but no human contact from them other than when I called yesterday and didn't get to talk to anybody in the department I need to talk to. I'm trying to be fair with them and not say anything negative and give them a chance to work it out. I may post a thread on my experience when them when it over positive or negative.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #65

Any updates on this?
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 07-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #66

how do you like it Andy ? does it seem to be dependable? good mileage and power ? yeas or nays? thanks in advance !!! I am looking to get one too

Old 07-15-2015, 10:54 PM   #67

It seems to be very well built, I have 200 miles on it and last for rides have been 15 miles plus. (too many toys and the motorcycle usually wins). BMS still hasn't resolved this missing bumpter cover and axle cover. I need to call them this week. It has plenty of power and gets seems to get decent gas mileage. Its pretty loud when riding fast almost need ear plugs. it goes about 45 mile per hour (gps) before rev limiter kicks in. I have heard the rhino (what its loosely cloned after) is loud too.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:52 PM   #68

contacted BMS today and they told me they no longer carry the axle cover, apparently they are not used on the new models. Told me they can send me the bumper cover for a little over $100.00. I told them I order the machine and it was supposed to have these items and didn't come with it why should I have to pay. The I gave him to claim number he gave me last time we spoke. With this number he was able to tell me the color of my machine and where I bought it but then told me he could not send me to the part until he contacted motobuys and verified I bought the machine with the bumper cover option. More run around from BMS. I contacted Motobuys and the said they would contact BMS and get to the bottom of it. I guess I will be out of luck on the plastic axle cover/guard because BMS says I cant even order one if I needed on as they no longer carry it. This machine seems to be made well but If I ever need a mechanical part, I'm starting to get worried I won't be able to get that and end up with a $6900.00 boat anchor.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:41 PM   #69

Quote:
This machine seems to be made well but If I ever need a mechanical part, I'm starting to get worried I won't be able to get that and end up with a $6900.00 boat anchor.
You can likely get parts through Taobao with a little gymnastics....

Old 07-17-2015, 12:56 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilserchinarider View Post
You can likely get parts through Taobao with a little gymnastics....
It's sad to see these types of issues with parts still going on. These distributors really need a good supply chain for spare and replacement parts. With the ATVs and scooters, they can sacrifice one or two for parts, but on big ticket items, like the UTVs, that's not economically viable. A lot of the mechanical parts are easy enough to obtain but body and plastic parts don't show up for sale very often.

I'd love to open a little shop, order a container of bikes and start selling them. However, worrying about service after the sale would drive me out of my mind.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #71

Quote:
It seems to be very well built, I have 200 miles on it and last for rides have been 15 miles plus. (too many toys and the motorcycle usually wins). BMS still hasn't resolved this missing bumpter cover and axle cover. I need to call them this week. It has plenty of power and gets seems to get decent gas mileage. Its pretty loud when riding fast almost need ear plugs. it goes about 45 mile per hour (gps) before rev limiter kicks in. I have heard the rhino (what its loosely cloned after) is loud too.

Thank you for the reply ..- it is sad to hear they still have not sent your parts

I just pulled the trigger and my Pony will arrive tomorrow
I will keep you all posted

Old 07-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #72

Motobuys emailed me to say the bumper cover is on its way. The said they do not know what to do about axle cover or compensation for having to rent a trailer. well at least I'm supposed to get the bumper cover, that's something.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #73

BMS has a couple of youtube videos on how to assemble the pony. If you watch it with a pen and paper and take notes it pretty easy. They even tell you what size bolts go where. I took notes before I assembled in order of video and wrote down bolt sizes, made it easy

Old 07-20-2015, 10:29 AM   #74

thanks Andy - I have seen the vids and took notes as well
hear is the vids for others

Old 07-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #75

Do these BMS things get any kind of street legal pass or is it a no go all over the country?

/

/

Tags
bms ranch pony 500, utv