Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #31

Oh wow, I recognize that quad. Kickstart on the left, handle on the right with a cable going to the rear "diff" to put it in reverse. The motor was very reliable, always fired right up, but the frame started breaking in all the wrong places. Plus the rear axle was bent... finally sold it for next to nothing.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterVS
Oh wow, I recognize that quad. Kickstart on the left, handle on the right with a cable going to the rear "diff" to put it in reverse. The motor was very reliable, always fired right up, but the frame started breaking in all the wrong places. Plus the rear axle was bent... finally sold it for next to nothing.

awesome someone that knows this atv.....only crack we have found was one of the engine mounts but we got it welded up.

still havn't been able to use the retarded kick start due to the foot well being so small ....last time i tried to kick start it i broke a large portion of the plastic foot well out....seems kinda pointless to even have it.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #33

Ours doesn't have a plastic footwell. The plastic fender doesn't connect with the floorboard, and the floorboard is steel. Ours isn't easy to kickstart, but it works.

Maybe you could raise the kicker on the spline to make it more useful.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #34

ok that fix didn't work.....had full throttle but was lagging big time....I think that the new filter might be too dense for this to suck the air in properly.

we had a good day though.....tons of ppl out there with bikes and atv's

got the g/f's atv up and going (needs a new battery) and all was great for a wile till she motions for me to come over to her.......chain is off hmmm ok....go to put the chain back on and oh my the master keeper and link piece are gone....lucky for her we brought the 110 with us and they have the same size chain.....steal master link and she is off again.

we swap off here and there go all over the place then she tries to go up a hill way to steep for her atv.....backs down and turns too sharp at the bottom and flops it ...and busts off the brake lever....done for the day.

Pics to come.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #35

Is she ok?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Is she ok?

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...wtopic&t=11533

Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #37

went to prospect equipment in mission today (they have a few atv's there that they sell) and we added a new brake lever to an order...$25
will be here before the end of the week and i don't have to drive

Old 04-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifekrisiz
went to prospect equipment in mission today (they have a few atv's there that they sell) and we added a new brake lever to an order...$25
will be here before the end of the week and i don't have to drive

well as you can see by the dates on the two posts it has been awhile.....finally gave up on these guys not letting me know what is going on.

went to Sinclare's motor sports in newton and picked up a lever for $14.50 after taxes...go figure $10 cheaper.

turns out the lever is not for the l/h side :roll: my bad for not double checking.

so on to other things....took front end off and started removing things that need to be replaced....engine start/stop/light cluster to be replaced due to no emergency stop button (someone removed it), r/h headlight harness and socket removed for replacement, batt removed for replacement and batt connections re-done. started revamping the foot wells as well.

pics to come battery's dead can't find more.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #39

wait till she gets home and see's this lol

new batt cable ends

cut the foot wells back to the peg...can't trim the front part till the front plastic is back on and can measure plus will add a bit of mudflap off of the front part of the foot well.

would love to put checker plate on these

W&G

was this the space under the seat that you said to put the air filter??

batt goes in the back portion.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:40 AM   #40

Yes, exactly the place. I used ABS pipe to connect the air filter to the carb, and I slipped the ABS inside the original carb intake boot. Probably not the most efficient way, but it's clean and it works.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #41

ok so we have the atv back together had a bit of a hard time plugging the ignition harness back in for some reason (no idea why other than the m ends were not lining up with the f ends) but got it to plug in eventually.
plugged in new start/stop light switch and put the batter on a charger...after 1 hr of charging nothin not even a peep outa the engine....gona try a new batt next week and see if that is the problem.

any other ideas?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #42

Did you hear a click from the solenoid? Did you try kickstarting? Did you try both brake switches while hitting the starter button?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Did you hear a click from the solenoid? Did you try kickstarting? Did you try both brake switches while hitting the starter button?
no, no and no lol

will try all that tonight after work though.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #44

Doesn't sound like a battery issue yet.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #45

well I think the battery is a bit old (2007) so we are going to replace it anyway (same with mine) and then go from there.