Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #31

Five big ones. You owe me man.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-13-2009, 12:26 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Ether, or that staring fluid you used to spray into carbs. The revs will increase if it gets sucked into a leak.
Hmm.. sounds like a neat trick.. we would have to get it to stop hunting for idle and racing sitting there too for that to work..

D, no worry on the spacer, could be the problem as it seems to be a bit of a flakey piece anyhow.

What is the jet worth?
Yeah, i'm not sure you can even purchase ether any more, but they do sell similar stuff that works the same. On a car it will only get you in the general area, but thats good enough as you can start really looking in that spot.
On these bikes I would imagine you could pinpoint it pretty accuratly.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:34 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Five big ones. You owe me man.
Yikes, I might go bankrupt. :P

Old 11-13-2009, 01:51 AM   #34

As a point of interest (for me anyway), my son's 1980 XR200 has a Keihin 30mm carb that is identical to the Mikuni in almost every way. There are some subtle manufacturing differences, but they're obviously spec'd for the same application.

Knowing that, I took the bowl off of the Keihin today, and found a 108 main jet inside. My recommendation to anyone that is installing a Mikuni on a Beast is to start at that level and work your way up, depending upon stock vs. performance exhaust and air filter.

I intend to install a 110 on T's Beast this weekend, so we'll see how it performs.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #35

Quote:

Does anybody have a favorite method for checking for vacuum leaks?
If you are not "happy" spraying starting fluid at hot running engines, you can try an un-lit propane torch, propane being less flammable than either.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
Quote:

Does anybody have a favorite method for checking for vacuum leaks?
If you are not "happy" spraying starting fluid at hot running engines, you can try an un-lit propane torch, propane being less flammable than either.
Meh...I've been spraying that crap on hot running engines for 30 years to find vacuum leaks. Never had combustion yet, but I suppsose it could happen. I dont know the flash points of ether vs propane but the propane torch isnt a bad idea really. Everyones got one kicking around so it may save a trip to the store.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #37

Sure, I've got a fire extinguisher.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Sure, I've got a fire extinguisher.
One day I'll get so frustrated that I'll try and burn it to the frame...and out of sheer spite it probably wont burn.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #39

Imagine the lovely smoke from the camo / orange / whatever plastic. I'll bet I could see it from my house.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #40

Weldandgrind, can you tell me how much you got the performance exhaust for your 125cc for. John has them on back order, so it will be coming soon.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
Weldandgrind, can you tell me how much you got the performance exhaust for your 125cc for. John has them on back order, so it will be coming soon.
Hey yoz, havent looked at your profile to see your location, but a $2.00 auction win ends up being about $30.00 to my door if I'm too dumb to combine shipping that day.

P.S. I dont think it will work out on your 110ccc, but let us know anyway.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #42

The 125cc might work if I weld it though. I know that including shipping costs the item ends up being $30 but if I buy other items then I can obviously save on shipping. :P

Old 11-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #43

Quote:
The 125cc might work if I weld it though. I know that including shipping costs the item ends up being $30 but if I buy other items then I can obviously save on shipping. :P
Oh for sure. There was a method I used once that got me 8 items in the cart, but I think he spotted me on that one and I cant do it anymore, but I can still do 5 easy.

On most items the shipping (Ontario) jumps from 18 bucks to maybe 20 bucks if you add another item, then 22, then 24 or 25, etc.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Quote:
Oh for sure. There was a method I used once that got me 8 items in the cart, but I think he spotted me on that one and I cant do it anymore, but I can still do 5 easy.

On most items the shipping (Ontario) jumps from 18 bucks to maybe 20 bucks if you add another item, then 22, then 24 or 25, etc.
Interesting. Dont have too much to complain about then. The most I've paid for shipping was the last order, and that was 13.00.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with multiple items, more about the box size or weight needed for the extra items. I got quoted 13 for shipping for the Monster exhaust, added two CDI's for W&G and the shipping never changed since they fit in the same sized box easily.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #45

Thats because for live in BC. We live in ON. I don't get why the shipping price increases when you can ship an item using UPS for $18 for up to 5lbs. That means you can put as much items as you can until it reaches 5lbs.