Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2022, 12:02 PM   #1

Virginia RT100 X-Pro - Orange - you on here?!

Was on my way back from a service call to Primland resort, never heard of it myself; hit RT100 on the way back to Roanoke and saw ANOTHER orange X-Pro out in front of someone's house.. We're multiplying!!

Just wondering if you're on here - haven't been on in a LONG time thanks to work and now getting ready to start school again.

Do have some updates, I'll toss that on another thread.

By the way - Admins: Is there any way to split the forum into models? Like a specific section for Hawks, X-Pro, Lifen, etc. - juuuuust wondering!

This XPro will take the falls though, just one so far. Slipped and went crashing down some slate rock - didn't want to start for about 3min, held the Jeeps up on the trail hehe.. Went to Peter's Mill Run in Harrisonburg - details on the other thread coming soon, with damage report..

Old 08-02-2022, 12:25 PM   #2

Yes we are multiplying.. for $1800 delivered the Titan DLX is still an amazing value and arguably the best value for a Chinese bike that is more dirt oriented. One thing to be aware of is that nuts and bolts love to vibrate loose so keep that locktite handy and to be extra safe pop a hole thru each axle end and insert a cotter pin.. you dont want your wheel falling off.. ask me how i'd know lol

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 08-02-2022, 01:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Yes we are multiplying.. for $1800 delivered the Titan DLX is still an amazing value and arguably the best value for a Chinese bike that is more dirt oriented. One thing to be aware of is that nuts and bolts love to vibrate loose so keep that locktite handy and to be extra safe pop a hole thru each axle end and insert a cotter pin.. you dont want your wheel falling off.. ask me how i'd know lol
Hey hey - the second X-Pro on the road! For the price, definitely can't be beat. Even if things do fall off occasionally

But yeah, I can absolutely vouch for the need to Loctite and nylock every threaded piece of bolt on the bike!! Btw, I know I mentioned it to you before - but, for anyone else reading: Loctite 2422 would be best for exhaust bolts. 2422 is high-temp rated, up to 500F I believe? Maybe less but, I haven't done that myself. I grabbed some new nuts to double-up the exhaust like stock for now. May do that sometime, but it's been solid for a good while; after having replaced them due to vibrating loose!

Other than that - most of what fits the YZ250 / YZ450 and the CRF250L will fit this bike! Except the exhaust.. I had to take some hits on the wallet to find what fits the bike. But, settled on the Orion RXB catless pipe - not cheap, but direct fit - almost. I smacked a dent where the clutch cable lever is; was lightly touching the pipe causing it to slip out of gear. I have a cheap composite skid plate that I got for the YZ250, hooked right up! Also been using the TwinAir pre-oiled YZ450 air filter (Amazon) which REALLY got rid of the down-rev popping; and sounds like more consistent air flow.

OH yeah - the chain / sprocket pitch... I thought I was beefing up the drive by getting all 520 pitch stuff, thinking it was all 428..... and 520 is what's STOCK on the bike The only thing I'm changing will be the rear sprocket and the chain - going back to the stock front one since it got used for about a mile, no wear, paired with the 40T - might be getting close to something then! And undoing the needle in the carb. I moved it up one notch and now I have very little to adjust in terms of mix. I think I'm at a 1/4 turn out.. Doesn't pop'n'bang that much anymore after, but does seem a little rich. Idling now pops a bit like a backfire - so when I do all the work, I'm going to drop the needle back down one notch.

Feels good to be back on! I'm going to do more posting as I get to it and do more work. Definitely going to get better at turning on the GoPro - that crash would have been a great example on sturdiness of the bike!

Tags
vart100, xpro