Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #1

F' Kalifornia, Need answers for reg in AZ or WA

Man this state is a PITA. :mad:

Since my bike had been Green Stickered, there is NO legal way to make it street registered. It has been flagged or something in the DMV, can't just fake some paperwork and push it tru, it has to be inspected by a DMV agent.

Damn.

I do have an uncle in AZ and a friend in WA. What I need to know about the registration processes for these two state are:

Does they need to actually see the bike in person to register it?
Will they need some sort of inspection at time of registration?

I'm hoping I can just send my friend in WA a bill of sale 'selling' him the bike and have him reg it there, send me plate.
Same deal for my uncle in AZ but I would like to try my friend first.

On a side note... I can get a new 2007 Ninja 250r for $3000 out the door, looking pretty tempting.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:04 PM   #2

You can get on the AZ DMV site and it should say, If it gets to be a hassle I would vote for the Ninja, And use this as a trailbike.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #3

There are off-site licensing places that do most all of the services of our MVD office, which can register the bike without seeing it. I recommend going to them, or having your uncle go there for you, instead of the MVD.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #4

what type of bike is it???
The cool thing about China bikes is they have like 50 diff names for each one..do you have the title and shi7......China bikes are fraggin motorcycles they dont stick lights and speedos on them for the fun of it......lol
My bike is a Viva vx200s.....I registered it as a Huansong vx2
its actually a Huansong GY2.but who really cares, I should have told them it was a chuki yaka mokacca.....its a fraggin motor bike as$$ holes! :P

Old 05-01-2008, 01:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
what type of bike is it???
The cool thing about China bikes is they have like 50 diff names for each one..do you have the title and shi7......China bikes are fraggin motorcycles they dont stick lights and speedos on them for the fun of it......lol
My bike is a Viva vx200s.....I registered it as a Huansong vx2
its actually a Huansong GY2.but who really cares, I should have told them it was a chuki yaka mokacca.....its a fraggin motor bike as$$ holes! :P
The problem stems from the fact that none of these bikes a CA emissions compliant. Some companies are able to get them registered from new, but I'll bet the next owner has a hard time getting a new plate.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #6

Is there a place you can get it tested for emissions in CA, I have a Viva VX200SX or Huansong GY200 as far as I know its EPA AND DOT as well as CARB approved, Im not sure it has any substantial difference in emmissions than most China bikes?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #7

I have registered and titled 5 Chinese toys for street use in Arizona over the last 3 years. A trail bike, 3 scooters and an ATV, all bought from the internet. They never asked to see any of them. Titled all with just MCO and invoice. You do have to pay a vehicle tax based on the invoice amount.
Asked me if the ATV had proper street equip (horn,mirror,license plate lite).
but never asked to see it.
I live in Prescott. Emissions tests are not required here but I know they are in Phoenix. Might be harder to register there.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #8

You had to rub it in! California is doing nothing to help its residents get relief from high gas and high gas prices, especially in the area of enduros. Then you went and said how easy it is in AZ! Heck, we can street register a motorized bar stool as long as it has the minimum of street equipment! Try not to make the Californians jealous, or they might start moving here...

Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
You had to rub it in! California is doing nothing to help its residents get relief from high gas and high gas prices, especially in the area of enduros. Then you went and said how easy it is in AZ! Heck, we can street register a motorized bar stool as long as it has the minimum of street equipment! Try not to make the Californians jealous, or they might start moving here...
Already are..We have had a large number move into this area.
Some are already attached to trees huggin the stuffin out of them

Old 06-15-2008, 07:48 AM   #10

a fellow over at advrider did a reg in vt by mail with an out of state address. please see below, no title 300cc and below. as i recall he also sent in a copy of the insurance for the out of state address along with the vt doc's. you could do a search over at advriders for more details.
http://www.aot.state.vt.us/DMV/REGIS...ESVehicles.htm