Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
Connecticut - GREY BIKE REG ISSUE RESOLVED

I should have seen this coming... The bike was too good to be true for the price... I know a couple other guys in the area that had reg issues but my bike was already on the way when I found out. Looks like "American Lifan" or " Lifan" is non registrable in CT. It is not "on their approved list" of name brands. I went today and trailered it into the inspection station, they told me its a no go. They told me the bike passed but that was irrelevant to reg. They told me they checked both my vin and then the American Lifan name brand and neither came back approved. They said my Certificate of Origin was not worth the paper it was printed on because its not in their list. They said if it were a Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki or KTM it would be fine. I am very irate and I have no idea what to do. It's a GY5 so I thought it would be EPA and DOT approved in all states except CA.

If anyone could help it would mean a lot, I really don't want to get rid of my baby, its not even broken in yet!! From what I understand other riders in my area where told the same thing even after going to other DMV branches. I am very let down to say the least...
:x