Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #1

Can you do a chargeback on your credit card? The owner of Txpowersports became a member here on chinariders a couple months back; perhaps you can revive one of the threads he posted on, and see if publicly bringing up the issue will get you a refund or a trade.

If worse comes to worse, since the bike(s) (plural bikes being the Magician and Hawk) are EPA certified as off-road, can you at least get a title if Georgia issues titles for off-road only bikes?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #2

if you are up to it, you could also consider going the route of getting a SD title, registration and plate. I did that for my hawk, living in NC.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
if you are up to it, you could also consider going the route of getting a SD title, registration and plate. I did that for my hawk, living in NC.
I may try that, Georgia does require you change to a GA plate in like 30 days though, so that still may be no good.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Can you do a chargeback on your credit card? The owner of Txpowersports became a member here on chinariders a couple months back; perhaps you can revive one of the threads he posted on, and see if publicly bringing up the issue will get you a refund or a trade.

If worse comes to worse, since the bike(s) (plural bikes being the Magician and Hawk) are EPA certified as off-road, can you at least get a title if Georgia issues titles for off-road only bikes?
No title for off-road bikes in GA. and Txpowersports wants 30% restocking plus I pay return shipping. That's the fine print I did not read. I may start a thread "Don't buy in Georgia" or something, I asked and they only have 1 bike with a NHTSA label they sell. a little 125 or something.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:44 PM   #5

NJ “Approved” moto list

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/vehi...ufacturers.pdf

Old 07-13-2021, 04:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride4all View Post
Wow. Newly updated for the first time in years. Unfortunately, carb hawk did not make the list. I'm very lucky to have been able to title/reg in NJ but it was always hit or miss at best.

Old 03-12-2024, 04:28 PM   #7

State of Utah

Utah title and registration. In my case, the MSO stated "Motorcycle" and I purchased the Templar X from PSM. The state DMV website states if you purchase from a dealer out of state you will need form TC-661 Certificate of Inspection to verify the VIN. The state also states if it's classified as ORV and you want a license for on-road use you will need to have a safety inspection done. I did both at a local inspection station for $20. Just in case it was in their system as a dirtbike or ORV. At the DMV, they have difficulty finding the manufacturer in the system but she told me they had a method to add one on the fly. They eventually found it but didn't have the model number listed. She was able to add the model on-the-fly. She mentioned the safety inspection wasn't necessary as the MSO was listed as a motorcycle. Tax, title, and license were a little over $300 (no tax on the shipping charge, just the sales price).

Form link TC-661: https://tax.utah.gov/forms/current/tc-661.pdf

Old 03-12-2024, 05:37 PM   #8

Utah registration posted on this site

This is crazy. New motorcycles don't need inspection in any State that I know of when you have 0 miles and the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) with VIN printed on it in hand, and a bill of sale/invoice.

You should not need an inspection to title and register a new motorcycle when you have the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin. VIN verification may be required for out of State vehicles if they are used (Missouri does require this for used vehicles). People have registered new crate bikes in Utah without inspection.

Here are a couple of them:

https://www.chinariders.net/showthre...TAH#post302519

https://www.chinariders.net/showthre...highlight=UTAH
(within)

Last edited by Thumper; 03-12-2024 at 08:30 PM.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This is crazy. New motorcycles don't need inspection in any State that I know of when you have 0 miles and the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) with VIN printed on it in hand, and a bill of sale/invoice.
Ummm..."She mentioned the safety inspection wasn't necessary as the MSO was listed as a motorcycle." I read it as he got it inspected just in case.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcgee View Post
Well. its a no go in Georgia now, they want an officer to verify the NHTSA label, My VIN number is invalid according to them and Gieco. TXpowersports was of no help at all. This brand damn new bike is no good to me now, nothing I can do.
Just ride the bike, deal with the problems when they come. What’s the worst they can do to you?

Old 02-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #11

Doh! No go in RI for any china bikes

Hi,

Was thinking about getting my girl a hawk or apollo db-36 supermoto to learn on the VIN on the Hawk will come up as a dirtbike and is not fmvss so no go.

now the Apollo vin comes back fine and you might be able to sneak it through if you dont go to the Cranston DMV but enforcement hates china bikes and will shoot down any china bikes they specifically mentioned the CSC bikes. They actually seemed proud that they were stopping people from registering them.

On a side note they looked up the Apollo db-36 and went on to say its not safe tires are too exposed, They were not happy when I told them that the tires were the same amount exposed as on my XR650L that is RI plated. they also told me that the apollo bikes were some of the ones they crushed a few months back in a crack down on illegal riding on the city streets

Good luck if your trying in RI you have to love this fct state

Old 02-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mors30001 View Post
Hi,

Was thinking about getting my girl a hawk or apollo db-36 supermoto to learn on the VIN on the Hawk will come up as a dirtbike and is not fmvss so no go.

now the Apollo vin comes back fine and you might be able to sneak it through if you dont go to the Cranston DMV but enforcement hates china bikes and will shoot down any china bikes they specifically mentioned the CSC bikes. They actually seemed proud that they were stopping people from registering them.

On a side note they looked up the Apollo db-36 and went on to say its not safe tires are too exposed, They were not happy when I told them that the tires were the same amount exposed as on my XR650L that is RI plated. they also told me that the apollo bikes were some of the ones they crushed a few months back in a crack down on illegal riding on the city streets

Good luck if your trying in RI you have to love this fct state
I can understand the Hawk but any other bike that has fmvss should be able to register. What a bunch of dumb #@%*. Even the Hawk DXL has fmvss. I would have to move.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-07-2024, 10:43 PM   #13

apollo db 36

has anyone successfully registered and apollo db 36 in NJ, im getting SD plated but i wanna transfer them to Jersey im not even sure if its possible ev i read says no but some say yes i dont get it. i just mailed everything to SD hopefully they dont give me problems i have the apollo db 36 deluxe headlight blinkers mirrors the whole thing

Old 04-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #14

Folks, for those of you having registration issues, specifically in Colorado, I just got mine done.

I had to register it as a custom built bike, and have a state assigned VIN. The NHTSA specifically lists this bike as off road use only.

I just finished the whole process, about 2 months end to end (wait times for paper work to be filed/returned and appointment scheduling).. Total cost to me (outside of time/gas) was about $100...

Not a huge deal, but I do wish that places like Texas Power Sports, and that dude from RPS specifically, would stop saying street legal... Technically it is correct, except the non-DOT compliant tires), however it is way misleading.. I think someone should look up the legality of what they are saying, vs. what is actually, legally, true....

Old 04-19-2017, 12:05 AM   #15

Isn't there a form to fill out that lets you convert a dirt bike to street in CO?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard