Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #16

Nah man I think you are good where the pipe is, you seem like the kinda guy who is gonna get used to that thing and start wheelieing and what not, and if you get to where you want a 12 O'clockbar that pipe is just low enough to clear the pegs on the bar,and still high enough to look good.

That bike looks amazing to be a $400 buy , and you have got the basics all done so once you get it tagged so you can get out and ride it you are going to be so jazzed at how much fun they are! Yeah man I'm about to go crazy waiting on mine to get here ,I'm so bored i started building a 8 by 8 addition onto my shed which will be the "Vader Vault" lmao !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #17

Update : Venom emailed me and said my x20 Vader "should "ship on Monday the 16th ,
so if all goes well I should have it by end of next week by the 20th or 21st ,then let the assembly and modifying begin! I still have a lot of parts that have not come in yet ,but I do have a goodly amount here I can go ahead and start on, and of course I will have to do the entire initial assembly /inspection loctite everything /tighten everything drill and all that noise so I will have plenty to do ,and maybe more or all of my parts will come in next week before it gets here ! Either way i am glad to know the long wait is almost over !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #18

Took it out yesterday and got 57 and still had some throttle left. For me that's plenty for these roads around gym, work and back home. It's cold natured and takes forever to warm up. I'm going to try a bigger main jet, see if it helps. I'm hoping they spec'd the valves right but I may have to check them. Don't want to.

Other than that been fun little bike. Today was first day I rode into work. I love the size coming from an ElectraGlide. Easy to squeeze between cars, on sidewalks, back alleys, etc,...

Old 07-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #19

Yeah man if you can get 60 out of her and hold it thats really good imo , everyone seems to want to make them go faster but I've ridden a modified one at 75 and my impression was ,it was real sketchy at that speed due to the 12" tires and it was not an experience I am in a hurry to repeat. It's just not designed for that ,it's a 125cc urban commuter bike ,not an interstate missile ,and plenty of fun at what it is designed to be.
Yours is looking good , and sure cant complain for what you have invested in it!
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Yeah man if you can get 60 out of her and hold it thats really good imo , everyone seems to want to make them go faster but I've ridden a modified one at 75 and my impression was ,it was real sketchy at that speed due to the 12" tires and it was not an experience I am in a hurry to repeat. It's just not designed for that ,it's a 125cc urban commuter bike ,not an interstate missile ,and plenty of fun at what it is designed to be.
Yours is looking good , and sure cant complain for what you have invested in it!
exactly, like an upgraded/cooler scooter, or oversea UnderBelly style bike that you see all over asia. well that's my thoughts. Haha i start feeling sketchy at 55mph getting 45mph is fine with me for my local rides.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:45 AM   #21

$7 big ones for my inspection. I think the attendant wanted to talk more about the bike then do the inspection. Happy to get that part done,...

Old 07-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #22

$7 big ones for my inspection. I think the attendant wanted to talk more about the bike then do the inspection. Happy to get that part done,...[/QUOTE]

What is an inspection for? In cali i didn't have to do that.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #23

Hit 200 miles on Friday. Bellypan bolt fell out and it vibrated until it cracked on the back bolt too. Fortunately I had already ordered a replacement so no biggie except annoying. My throttle a bit looser than I'd like. I'm trying to think of things to update on. Seems to be running better and better. I'm guessing it is barely broke in at 200 miles. I've ditched my bicycle in favor of riding the pee out of of my vader. It's simply loads of fun.

Hmmm how about squeaky front brake? This isn't a ducati so it isn't a huge deal but wondering how to quiet that. Any ideas anyone? Looks in good shape, nothing obvious, but come to a stop and 'squeak, squeak squeak' haha

Old 07-30-2018, 05:50 PM   #24

You should see performance continue to slowly improve right on up to the 500 mile mark, at which point everything is pretty well sealed and seated and it will stabilize.

These small motors for whatever reasons seem to take a long time ( well, if 500 miles is a long time) for the rings to seat correctly ,valves to wear in, and so forth and so on.

Everything I have read indicates there is a really noticeable power increase from day 1 to 500 miles as well as the top end speed going up.,so you will see even more improvement there .Glad you are enjoying it ,and if you are in Dallas or Houston check out Photogromer on YouTube, he is doing an coast to coast Grom Tour and was just in Houston, about 50 - 75 Groms etc turned out and they were hoonin hard core ,lot of wheelies , stoppies, and assorted hooliganisms.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #25

So as my miles climb, I find the front suspension to be crap, not below average, not so so,...it is . I was thinking of trying to swap some grom forks or do the cheap grom mod I saw on yt. Anyone have suggestions? Maybe there is something wrong with my forks that could be fixed. I mean they clunk and bonk and suck. I haven't seen any fluid leaking. I dunno. Tips from anyone with some ideas would be great. Appreciate anything,....

Old 08-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #26

First thing I'd try which is sort of a pain physically but is cheap is change the godawful stock excuse for fork oil out and put a good quality 15 weight in there ,there are some decent Videos on how to do that on YouTube .From that point if it's still just intolerable you can try either Takegawa ($65) or Slingshot Racing ($99) Front Preload Adjusters ,or get a set of Ohlins or Kitaco front springs for $100 and pay another $100 'ish to have them installed since it takes some specialized tools . I'd really suggest the fork oil change first and try to adapt the "$15 Fork Mod" for a Grom and go from there,I have a buddy in Japan who got me the Takegawa PReload Adjusters dirt cheap and sent them to me so im going to use them but other than that my plan was fork oil change and figure out how to adapt the fork mod to a Vader .,i really don't want to end up with a 500$ front end on a $1,000 Motorcycle lol. ( Not saying I won't mind you, just saying I'm trying to avoid that lol ).

Link to Preload Adjusters here :https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Grom-...sid=m570.l1313

And link to front springs here :https://www.ebay.com/itm/Race-Tech-7...sid=m570.l1313
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #27

Going to find sometime to do my fork oil. Maybe I can find some sonic springs for this. I did sonic springs on GS500 and major improvement.

(edit four months later: nobody every asks me what this says. Maybe it's obvious. "Made in China" lol)

Last edited by cbrfxr67; 12-26-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #28

Lol, yeah my rear shock came from the factory with the preload all cranked like crazy ,super stiff and opposite the totally mush front end, it is a handful.I 've got a new rear shock to put on there when i get that far along I really think a fork oil change to a quality 15w will help the front, given the crankcase had less than half a quart in it , my guess is on top of the fork oil they put in there from the factory being worthless, I'd bet $5 it doesnt have the correct amount in it either, as in low . Oh, check the play in your steering stem ( triple tree ) too, some of the clank might be coming from there, mine was not loose but did have some play i tightened out of it.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #29

10-4 red crow good tips! Where's your build pics???

Old 08-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #30

I'm trying to get some pic's up, I am having technical issues with my go pro but i took some pix with my kindle fire ,i got to upload them to a photo hosting site iirc and then load them to here from there . sorry it's taking so long but i am swamped under with stuff atm and i'm struggling to find time to get it done lol.
2020 Orion RXB250L