Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #1

CA Legal

About once a week, I comb the mega-warehouse sites and see what may pop up for us CA guys. It's usually pretty limited. I found this today.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...ducts_id/20930

Any idea what or who makes it?

Funny thing is...it's a street bike....but it shows CA Green Sticker...which is off-road.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Funny thing is...it's a street bike....but it shows CA Green Sticker...which is off-road.
Specs are also suspect . . "Final Drive . . Belt"?

Old 01-10-2017, 02:29 PM   #3

Good question on manufacturer?! I think this bike is only a loophole--you can probably only green-sticker it for racing, as they listed several states where it is not legal at all. If it was CARB approved for onroad, then it would also be EPA/DOT certified and have the FMMV certificate and on the database.

My guess--if you look on any of the EPA certification lists (off road or on road), an engine gets certified, and down the row, it lists all the models of bike that engine comes on. i.e.--the Hawk and Magician are on the same certification on the 'off-road' list. My guess; one of the pitbike companies threw this model bike in with one of the pitbikes, and got it green-stickered, either on purpose (my guess) or by accident (unlikely). Unlikely because many manufacturers have several bikes listed that never get sent here, so the fact this one was sent is NOT by accident. I am also guessing that no one (except maybe a dealer or distributor--as personal bikes) will get this bike plated in California. Just as one would not be able to plate a 250cc Apollo--that loophole was closed years ago in California thanks to a slew of people getting KTM's plated (I remember a bunch of people on advrider posting how they got letters from the DMV in the later 2000's telling them that their bike's plate was accidentally issued and was no longer valid, and, in typical fascist style, they even sent DMV agents to confiscate plates and/or bikes!)

Unless...this bike is made by Boom! International; the same company that makes the Vader which is California street legal, but is also 50 state legal and would not be banned in Penn. NJ, Conn. and/or whoever was listed in the link you posted, 2LZ. Then, they posted in error. Do you have time to call? I am curious, not because I want one, but because I seem to have an interest in finding things like this out. Call me weird like that...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #4

Looks like a K-Pipe with full fairings.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #5

Sure looks like it was designed to be street legal. The electric cooling fan caught my eye.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #6

If you look at the Vader 125 which is made or imported by Baodaio/Boom! International, on the Powersportsmax site, it has the same states listed as not being allowed to purchase that bike, and also states the Vader is Cal. green sticker. In the listing for this bike, it mentions the engine model as being a BDXXXXX, so I am guessing it is imported and sold by Baodaio who import and sell the Vader. That is just my guess, and this bike is not on their website.

http://www.baodiaomt.com/USAabout/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-14-2017, 12:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
If you look at the Vader 125 which is made or imported by Baodaio/Boom! International, on the Powersportsmax site, it has the same states listed as not being allowed to purchase that bike, and also states the Vader is Cal. green sticker. In the listing for this bike, it mentions the engine model as being a BDXXXXX, so I am guessing it is imported and sold by Baodaio who import and sell the Vader. That is just my guess, and this bike is not on their website.

http://www.baodiaomt.com/USAabout/
"The best partner of your happy life." I guess it sounds better in Chinese.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
"The best partner of your happy life." I guess it sounds better in Chinese.

Or, you can be cool and funny and ride a Zongshen Rapido ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1479865921317961.jpg (121.0 KB, 180 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150