Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street

Old 09-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #1

Vader Riders: Check your Crankcase Breather!

From day 1, my Boom 125cc Vader had high pressure issues. Whenever I'd go to check the dipstick, there was always quite a bit of pressure behind that cap. It was almost like opening a soda bottle.

At first I knew something wasn't right, but after awhile I started thinking, "well maybe that's normal for this engine." IT'S NOT!

This morning I had the chance to dig further into this issue and I was finally able to locate where the crankcase breather is. It's hidden under the motor mount on the left side of the engine (topside of engine). Whoever put this bike together tried to route the breather hose the opposite direction of where the breather outlet is facing and underneath of the motor mount (between the mount and the engine) so the hose was unable to pass the air through. Luckily, I was able to get to the hose without having to take the engine off. After rerouting the hose, now the bike breathes much better and there is no longer pressure behind the dipstick cap.

If you buy this bike, make sure you check all hoses and make sure they're routed correctly, especially the crankcase breather hose! I've already rerouted 3 hoses due to them being poorly routed. I just hope I didn't cause any long term damage to the engine by riding with that amount of pressure for 220 miles (noncontinuous).

I'll try to supply you guys with some pictures sometime this week.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:04 PM   #2

That wisdom applies to any four stroke bike. I've seen breather hoses kinked in the past, and that was enough to create an oil leak elsewhere, like a shifter shaft seal.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #3

i actually just fixed this issue before even reading this...

tried to check the oil and got covered after it opened like soda can...

Also has your speedo given you any trouble? mine doesn't read on the gauge. I'm hoping it's a bum sensor and not the speedometer itself.. not that it would surprise me at all..

Old 02-09-2017, 08:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XG750Schultz View Post
i actually just fixed this issue before even reading this...

tried to check the oil and got covered after it opened like soda can...

Also has your speedo given you any trouble? mine doesn't read on the gauge. I'm hoping it's a bum sensor and not the speedometer itself.. not that it would surprise me at all..
Glad you got the breather issue fixed... I haven't had any issues w/ my speedo. It's always functioning and seems to be fairly accurate & consistent. Maybe it is just the sensor (hopefully).

Old 02-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #5

Thanks for the tip, Maxi! I enjoy your vids and I have subscribed. You really have me kicking around the idea of getting a Vader! Could you see my 210lb butt on that thing?

Old 02-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Thanks for the tip, Maxi! I enjoy your vids and I have subscribed. You really have me kicking around the idea of getting a Vader! Could you see my 210lb butt on that thing?
Thank you so much! You might bounce around a bit being that the rear monoshock is a bit soft, but you should be fine. I currently ride around @ 194 lbs (probably closer to 200-205 w/ gear) and don't have much to complain about.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:10 PM   #7

Glad I found this thread. On one of my Hellcat's (1 of 2) there's an obstruction in the airbox. Just disconnected on rerouted for now. Time to disassemble air boxes.

So yes check on Hellcat's too!

Old 04-19-2019, 09:41 PM   #8

@letsride - Tampa Grom Squad and the Jacksonville, FLA Grom crew both have Grom riders well over 300 , one of them ( i forget his name, but he is on photogromers Grom Day video filmed in JAX) is a freaking local Legend, he can wheelie the hell out of his Grom !
So, if you want to get one, i say go for it !
I have had no issues with crankcase pressure /hoses but i DID have to reroute clutch cable and also a fuel line back when i first got my Vader due to pinching and or pulling due to them being misrouted or poorly routed. My guess is the poor fool in China putting them together gets paid for how many he assembles so his focus is on

getting it done as quickly as possible and not necessarily as well as possible.
2020 Orion RXB250L