Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics

Old 08-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #16

Keep us up to date on your mods for the Vader. I'm thinking of picking up one of these things for a project. I see that Texas Power Sports is now selling them. I've seen all your videos on Youtube but would like a little more feedback. On one video the bike wasn't running well. Did you find the problem? Keep up the good work MaXIPad. You may be the only person in the country riding a Vader.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
Keep us up to date on your mods for the Vader. I'm thinking of picking up one of these things for a project. I see that Texas Power Sports is now selling them. I've seen all your videos on Youtube but would like a little more feedback. On one video the bike wasn't running well. Did you find the problem? Keep up the good work MaXIPad. You may be the only person in the country riding a Vader.

Thanks for watching my videos! I'll try and be more informative and specific when talking about the Vader in my videos.

I'll also make sure to update you guys when I perform any upgrades on the Vader. The initial issues I had with the Vader seemed to have worked themselves out (knock on wood). We'll see what other issues may arise as I put more miles on it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one riding the Vader in the US, but I have to be the only one sharing information about it. Normally I let other people be the guinea pig, but this time I feel like I'm filling that role lol.

What kind of project are you planning on doing with the Vader?

Old 08-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #18

On my Vader I have a big 26mm intake pz27 carb 125 main jet pod filter cut open factory exhaust removed all baffles in muffler and got rid of the catalytic converter and then welded it back together and a 17t (mine has a 428 chain groms use 420 and output shaft is 17mm) front sprocket now 1st goes to 20mph at redline instead of 10mph. Mine isnot legal yet so I haven't been able to take it on a good run yet but when I first got the bike it would barely do 40 now it does over 50 decent.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratea81 View Post
On my Vader I have a big 26mm intake pz27 carb 125 main jet pod filter cut open factory exhaust removed all baffles in muffler and got rid of the catalytic converter and then welded it back together and a 17t (mine has a 428 chain groms use 420 and output shaft is 17mm) front sprocket now 1st goes to 20mph at redline instead of 10mph. Mine isnot legal yet so I haven't been able to take it on a good run yet but when I first got the bike it would barely do 40 now it does over 50 decent.
Wow, thanks for the info bratea81, and welcome to the forum! I'm happy to see someone else on here with the Vader 125. How are you liking it so far? Are you having any issues with the bike (e.g. plastics cracking, charging/draining issues, etc.)?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MaXiPaD_ View Post
Wow, thanks for the info bratea81, and welcome to the forum! I'm happy to see someone else on here with the Vader 125. How are you liking it so far? Are you having any issues with the bike (e.g. plastics cracking, charging/draining issues, etc.)?
I like it I wanted something slower so I could ride with my grom friends and still have fun. I had a charging issue when I first got it what happened was the battery was just dead enough to where the bike wasn't able to charge it so after I charged to battery with a separate charger all the way its been fine and my bmv still has me jumping through hoops to get it legal.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #21

I just picked up my Vader today.

overall i guess for $1400 it's not terrible.. But it could be a lot better.. the stock carb is a joke.

what sprocket set up did you end up going with?

Old 02-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by XG750Schultz View Post
I just picked up my Vader today.

overall i guess for $1400 it's not terrible.. But it could be a lot better.. the stock carb is a joke.

what sprocket set up did you end up going with?
Lol You're right about the stock carb. Pick up the 26mm Mikuni Carb/Intake/Filter kit from Amazon.. It's fairly cheap and makes a big difference!

I went +1t on the front sprocket (16t I believe) and left the rear sprocket alone.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #23

Wow--looked who came out of hibernation!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #24

Hey I have a Vader 125 and purchased a 26mm Mikuni carb and can't get it to start did you guys take out the fuel pump they have for it idk what to do help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MaXiPaD_ View Post

Old 02-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaderman125 View Post
Hey I have a Vader 125 and purchased a 26mm Mikuni carb and can't get it to start did you guys take out the fuel pump they have for it idk what to do help please
You shouldn't have to mess with the fuel pump at all.. Just install the larger intake, carburetor, pod filter and attach the fuel line to the carb.. You probably just need to dial in your carburetor. I'm running a 120 main jet, but I'd recommend you start at 115.. It took me a little while to get the a/f mixture screw just right. Sorry for the late response.

@culcune LOL! I'm trying to come around more often! I miss it here!

Old 03-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaderman125 View Post
Did you get yours up and running again? These don't have a pump for fuel its just a straight shot from the carb to the tank and no internal pump like a grom to my knowledge. The pump on the right side of the head is an air pump to help any I burnt fuel vapors reburn in the little catalytic converter you can remove it but need to cap off the metal line going into the head unless you like back firing and exhaust leaks.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratea81 View Post
Did you get yours up and running again? These don't have a pump for fuel its just a straight shot from the carb to the tank and no internal pump like a grom to my knowledge. The pump on the right side of the head is an air pump to help any I burnt fuel vapors reburn in the little catalytic converter you can remove it but need to cap off the metal line going into the head unless you like back firing and exhaust leaks.
I'm doing the carb swap within the next couple of days. Was wondering if I could get some help/info/pics/directions as far as getting everything hooked up and deleting/capping some things. I'm ok with messing with jets and air/fuel mixture, I just want to make sure everything is hooked up correctly.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAmaral007 View Post
I'm doing the carb swap within the next couple of days. Was wondering if I could get some help/info/pics/directions as far as getting everything hooked up and deleting/capping some things. I'm ok with messing with jets and air/fuel mixture, I just want to make sure everything is hooked up correctly.
Its fairly straight forward the only thing that carries over from the factory carb is the fuel line the factory intake has vacuum ports on it that would need caped off if your going to use it but I'd recommend getting a bigger one for a pit bike with the extra base bolting holes because if your carb is much bigger than stock you will need to turn it around and have the carb/intake face forward or it wont fit because the starter is in the way you will also want a in line fuel petcock because the factory one I built into the stock carb the emissions pump/air pump on the right side of the head can be removed but the metal tube coming up from the bottom of the head needs caped off or a block off plate made for the head because it will be an exhaust lean if you don't the factory air box will not work with most aftermarket carb/intakes so you'll need a pod filter most likely and if your mounting your carb facing forward I'd recommend getting a filter with a type of water splash shield on it the factory air box also has a crank case vent going to it I'd recommend just attaching it to the frame up high as it can reach with out getting it pinched or restricted with a little filter for it if you can find one

That's all I can remember from when I did my swap but I did mine awhile ago so I may have forgotten some

I'll post a picture of the intake petcock and filter types I referred to

Old 04-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #29

Doh!

can someone make a video on where the engine mount bolts are because I'm pretty sure mine snapped or so yeah I need a little help thanks����Or any help Wills be great... also if anyone knows where I can get new ones that we all do this let me know thanks

Old 05-03-2017, 12:47 AM   #30

Any final pictures of this setup would be great. Just started install of carb and want to make sure all hoses that need to be attached/removed are correct. Thanks!