Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters

Old 02-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #1

Looks like a quality scooter

http://jpmotorsports.com/Scooters-Be...e-a6f20123e203

I don't know if this is the only one for miles, but SSR had introduced the 600 and 300 street bikes from Benelli (Chinese-made) and had mentioned on the Benelli link they were going to have the scooters, too. They have the above 250cc scooter listed at JP Motorsports, and I looked it up and it is made by the ZheJiang QinaJiang Motorcycle Co, Ltd, which I believe is Qingqi or one of its divisions. It looks like it is higher quality than most other Chinese 250cc scooters.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #2

That looks like it could make an ok freeway commuter. I will be in San Diego next month and might have too go to JP motorsports to kick some tires.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #3

When are you going? I have been trying to make an excuse to go to San Diego. People from Yuma always look at me strange when I tell them this because they only go to two places as weekend getaways, it seems; Phoenix or San Diego. I have family in L.A. so I make the excuse to road trip there, and I don't even drive through San Diego to get there. But, every so often, I think about a trip to JP to see their stock, and maybe ride out on an XF 250. I think I would rather buy an XF over this scooter, but did think it looks good for a Chinese 250 scooter. Watched a few youtube videos from exotic countries that have the Benelli, and the reviews seem negative-ish, but again, those are not western nations, so maybe they turned up the quality on them for the US market? I won't know because I am not interested in it for myself, and not interested in the Benelli 300 or 600 street motorcycles either. Let me know if you are planning a weekend there, and I might meet up with you at JP.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #4

Thumbs Up

XF 250

You better buy that ride.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #5

Culcune I will be down in San Diego the 2nd week of April for work. I might also be down there early-mid march for a weekend getaway as well. I actually plan to bring the XF along with me. Depending on how you get to LA you might be passing through my neck of the woods at some point.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
XF 250

You better buy that ride.
My hesitation is they are asking OVER msrp for the XF?! And it is black which might not be great for my extra HOT summers; then again, come to think of it, my TMEC was black, so the color might not be a deal killer. http://jpmotorsports.com/Motorcycles...e-a70701259095

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Culcune I will be down in San Diego the 2nd week of April for work. I might also be down there early-mid march for a weekend getaway as well. I actually plan to bring the XF along with me. Depending on how you get to LA you might be passing through my neck of the woods at some point.
Let me know; let's see if we can meet up at JP!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #7

19 hp air cooled. With overhead cam? That should move you. close to 4k àfter all said and done

What is tt250 hp rating.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-18-2017, 11:16 AM   #8

Yes, dh has reported cruising at 70+ 2-up on the open highway with his XF250. It puts it far closer to my 1990 Suzuki DR250 I used to have which my more experienced riding friend once got up to an indicated 90 'and change' mph on L.A.'s 118 freeway with him tucked in (this was before GPS, so this was what was indicated on the bike's speedo, and me chasing him in my 1986 Capri 5.0's, and looking at my car's speedo). I think the XF is closer in spirit to my DR than Suzuki's own DR200, in spite of them upgrading its looks a couple years back! But, I don't want to pay their $3700 for a bike which shows $3059 as the MSRP. I guess I will have to call them! And, yes, I am a big fan of the fat tires on both ends of the bike, ala TW200. They might even make riding on one of Yuma's and surroundings numerous 'sand' roads (as opposed to dirt roads) much more palatable.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Yes, dh has reported cruising at 70+ 2-up on the open highway with his XF250. It puts it far closer to my 1990 Suzuki DR250 I used to have which my more experienced riding friend once got up to an indicated 90 'and change' mph on L.A.'s 118 freeway with him tucked in (this was before GPS, so this was what was indicated on the bike's speedo, and me chasing him in my 1986 Capri 5.0's, and looking at my car's speedo). I think the XF is closer in spirit to my DR than Suzuki's own DR200, in spite of them upgrading its looks a couple years back! But, I don't want to pay their $3700 for a bike which shows $3059 as the MSRP. I guess I will have to call them! And, yes, I am a big fan of the fat tires on both ends of the bike, ala TW200. They might even make riding on one of Yuma's and surroundings numerous 'sand' roads (as opposed to dirt roads) much more palatable.
I watched the radar today and i saw Yuma getting pounded, how many inches?

Old 02-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #10

Heavy at 412lbs, but that will add stability at freeway speeds. We have a local SSR Benelli dealer. I'll have to see if he is offering it.

Last edited by wheelbender6; 02-19-2017 at 05:58 PM. Reason: add pic

Old 02-19-2017, 03:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I watched the radar today and i saw Yuma getting pounded, how many inches?
Not too many...but flooding on the streets and whatnot (happens a lot!)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150