Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews

Old 02-16-2017, 12:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx41761 View Post
MSO recieved in lessthan a week from sending request!
Vendor?

What was the point of origination on the freight bill of lading . . which TaoTao warehouse?

The 139QMB 50cc 4-stroke is relatively reliable, until performance enhancements are made . . expecting 40+mph from a 30-35mph engine.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #17

Powersports max. Says South EL Monte, Ca but im sure they shipped out of Texas.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #18

Quote:
That's good to hear! I Just ordered my bike from them! Any issues with shipping or anything at all?
2022 Hawk 250
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1966 Benelli Fireball
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 02-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #19

Interesting TaoTao 50 - Znen 50 engine component comparison. Znen is generally considered to be mid-tier . . SSR, RSS, BMS, Wolf, Motorino, some Bintelli.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Actually, Taotao's Southern California's warehouse is but a few miles from S. El Monte down the freeway in Chino, California. It is their largest one since pretty much all their bikes go through it from L.A. Harbor. Their inventory is shipped to the rest of the country's warehouses from California.

My friend's company, Excalibur, used to be 2 miles from Taotao, but Excalibur has moved to City of Industry, Cal. about 12 miles away. If he sells a Taotao scooter or ATV, he gets hold of his friends at Taotao in Chino, and drop ships, unless it is a package deal and Excalibur is bundling shipping on a few products that are not all Taotao. His connections allow him to get hold of warranty parts; heck parts in general! He tells me one of his connections is lazy, LOL, so he has to keep on him, and the guy will eventually relent and take care of the problem. That is one of the reasons I suggest people buy Taotao products specifically from Alan at Excalibur. His prices will be pretty much the same as most everyone else's, but you get a live human being to deal with issues that might arise post-sale.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I suggest people buy Taotao products specifically from Alan at Excalibur
Only "Sold Out!" scooters shown on the Excalibur website . . seeing ZERO interest in selling TaoTao scooters! Just not convinced this vendor has their head in the game.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Only "Sold Out!" scooters shown on the Excalibur website . . seeing ZERO interest in selling TaoTao scooters! Just not convinced this vendor has their head in the game.
I keep telling them that their site does not match their business. Their main line (if you can find the link on their dated website!) is TGB Scooters (that site is maintained by TGB and does come up if you put in 'TGB USA' in Google). TGB are not sold online, however, due to manufacturer restrictions (mainly for warranty issues). The next part of their business, which is actually the bulk, is wholesale. They have dozens of dealers from years ago (pre-TGB) who they send all kinds of Chinese bikes. These dealers have been dealing with them for years, and don't use the internet for their transactions. I think this has made them (Excalibur)complacent with their website. The retail part is 'icing on the cake' for them, and is done via phone as opposed to a site. If you know what you want, and they can get it, is where that part of their business is. For instance, they are physically within a mile and a half of Kandi USA (that part of their site with all the buggies is somewhat current and those are from Kandi who they have been dealing with for years). Kandi is more recently the distributor for the Brozz/Shark, meaning that Alan can get them easily and will price match the Brozz. Also, via the same phone number and/or email, Alan takes care of any after sales help you might need. He is also competent enough to send out any paperwork, or obtain any paperwork from dropshipped items (i.e. from RPS) without having to wait a month or even weeks. It is ironic that with a weak website, they are able to offer far superior customer service than those with flashy sites.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-16-2017, 03:10 AM   #23

Quote:
Received both of my scooter in very timely matter! Question now is manual isn't even close. I was wondering if they took gear oil. Says they do in manual but I don't see a fill or drain? Help!
have you solved your gear oil issue
i just bought the ol lady a new taotao 50 and could link a helpful video if you need it

Old 03-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #24

I haven't changed fluids yet. The recent snow storm hasn't allowed me to "break" them in so I change fluids. But I do know where the gear oil is now. Other than adjusting the one carb idle they run well. I got 35mph out of one on a hilly road. I weigh around 210.