Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #1

Head Scratching Assembly Instructions?

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places on the web, but I don't seem to find much in the way of assembly instructions on the Bashan Storm 250 or the Hawk for that matter. I don't get it. What's the deal with that?

All the sites I've seen selling these bikes say they come 85% - 95% assembled and there's just some "simple" final assembly stuff to do like put on the handlebars, spedo cable and front wheels, etc., but nobody has any links to instructions of any kind on their sites. Some of the sites mention that they have video and pdf instructions, but they don't post links to them.

If there are just a few things to do, why not post the instructions? What's up with that? I found one or two videos on youtube for the Hawk (one pretty good, but no sound the other with few details, just pretty much a guy saying he did this and that) but nothing for the Storm.

If you want field stripping, cleaning and re-assembly instructions for pretty much any handgun, there's a youtube video. If you want to do pretty much any DIY home repair project, there's a youtube video. And on and on. But there are no instructional youtube videos for the "simple" steps to do the final assembly on one of these bikes? I find that strange.

Having put together a lot of stuff that came form China for myself, my sons and my wife, I'm familiar with the shoddy instructions you get many times with stuff from China, so I'd like to see what I'm getting myself into before I pull the trigger on one of these. Especially since this is something I will likely be riding on the road sometimes and there are safety concerns.

Why in the world would these websites selling these bikes not post this info so people can see what is involved and how difficult or easy it really is? I just don't get it. What am I missing?

Old 04-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #2

Did you ever buy a bicycle in a box? That is way more complicated then assembling the finishing touches on these crated motorcycles. If you have any mechanical ability what so ever you will have no problems. And if you do have any problems we are here for you.

/

Old 04-17-2016, 05:41 PM   #3

simonjester this may help
http://cloudshare.hondamatic.com
Name hawk
Password hawk

Old 04-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #4

Get em while you can. These links are directly from the Roketa site

http://store.oohla.com/storefiles/te...manual%201.pdf

http://store.oohla.com/storefiles/te...manual%202.pdf

http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59663
Be a Piggy!

Old 04-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #5

Thanks, guys! That does help a lot. Those instructions look pretty similar to ones I've seen before for other stuff I've put together from China - bicycles, furniture, etc. Not the greatest, but you can usually figure it out.

I still think the websites selling the bikes should post those instructions so prospective buyers can get an idea of what's involved. A lot of people probably think it's harder than it really is because they can't see the instructions.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #6

One of the biggest problems you will find with the "websites", is just that, they are websites, and not much more. I would not be surprised if many are run out of a house by one guy. Just look at the section on dealers. They all seem hit or miss when it comes to customer service. They are selling a cheap Chinese bike and nothing more. Yes, a manual or instructions would be nice, but sometimes just getting the paperwork from the "dealers" is the most you can hope for.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #7

If you feel uncomfortable assembling a motorcycle, you can buy an assembled motorcycle from CSC. CSC assembles all the bikes it sells. CSC also gives the bike a test ride before it packs it in the shipping crate, and sends it to your home.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-17-2016, 10:39 PM   #8

Instructions??? Isn't that the 1st thing you throw away when you open a box?

Old 04-17-2016, 10:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Instructions??? Isn't that the 1st thing you throw away when you open a box?
Ya.....what he said!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #10

Some Assembly Required

I just built a Hawk last night. It was pretty straight forward. I think the hardest part was getting the bike liberated from the crating and frame. I may go back and drill and wire some of the brake fasteners so they don't vibrate loose. Other than that i'm going to run the heck outta it and see what happens.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
If you feel uncomfortable assembling a motorcycle, you can buy an assembled motorcycle from CSC. CSC assembles all the bikes it sells. CSC also gives the bike a test ride before it packs it in the shipping crate, and sends it to your home.
Good advice. I think I might just do that.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredweb View Post
I just built a Hawk last night. It was pretty straight forward. I think the hardest part was getting the bike liberated from the crating and frame. I may go back and drill and wire some of the brake fasteners so they don't vibrate loose. Other than that i'm going to run the heck outta it and see what happens.
BTW, did it come with instructions?

Old 04-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #13

RE:Some Assembly Required

I didn't see any instruction. But then i didn't look for any.