Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #1

nerf bars

so i want a set of nerf bars, but i am in no rush. so figured make a listing here and see if any pops up.. if they dont i will order a new set

preffer nerf bars made for a honda.. but my dad can weld aluminum and my brother n law can do steel. so either metal, or any other maker is fine as they will fit one way or another..

Old 08-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #2

If your Dad can weld aluminum, go for a custom set. Buy him many beers.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #3

dont have the ability to bend the metal for it.. i really want these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...Q5fAccessories

but dont see how they will clear my rear brake pedal

Old 08-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #4

The local steel shop I deal with has square tube corners that are reasonably priced. The idea is that you can use square tube to build your nerf bars and have round corners. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure they would be easy to weld.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #5

thats true, but man its a pita to work with my dad.. he will get a idea that oh this is better, despite it not being what i want.. then go ahead and do it anyway and lets be honest here my dad does not exactly take looks into consideration on function.. me on the other hand give looks and function a 45 55 split.. looks being 45..those bars should work, i could drill 2 wholes through my foot pegs and into the round metal core they slide on to.. then run a bolt into it, and all i would need from my dad is to fab me up a bracket to attach the front of them to the frame.. a bolt of eagle rare whiskey is what he drinks, at least i think thats the name..

Old 08-13-2010, 02:56 AM   #6

Maybe you need your own MIG welder.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 AM   #7

i have no clue how to weld, it sucks.. cuz if i did i would go out and buy a welding setup..

Old 08-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #8

Or you could do it like I did. I bought a book on welding and read it cover to cover. Then I bought an arc welder. Started making stuff and repairing stuff. Welds were very ugly at first but got better with practice.

I still dont call myself a welder, but I think I do as well as the 10 year old that did the welding on my bike.

I recenly added a mig welder to my cart. They can really make life easy for you. As much modding as you like to do, a welder would seem to be a no brainer.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #9

X2. If you can fog a mirror, you can MIG weld.

I bought the manual that is published by Haynes (the makers of car shop manuals). It's a decent read without being too dry, and it covers all processes. You'll be welding and grinding in no time.

If you become serious about a MIG welder, as few of us on here can give you some guidance.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #10

whats the name of the book, cuz man if i could weld and had the welders to do it.. my quad would deff get some changes first off being those nerf bars, or mybe the swingarm extension

Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #11

I tried to find my book to refresh myself when I bought the mig. Not sure where it ended up but I think was most likely the same as Weldandgrind recomended. Easy reading with lots of pictures to back it up.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
whats the name of the book, cuz man if i could weld and had the welders to do it.. my quad would deff get some changes first off being those nerf bars, or mybe the swingarm extension
Right here: http://www.amazon.com/Welding-Manual.../dp/1563921103