Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Do you know the username of the chap in TX “project next”?
I’d like to ask him what the stock pilot jet was in his carb
In my kit I add in that style #40 as well as keihin #40 etc
Reason being the set should then cover the 3 known?! pilot jets at a slightly increased size from stock
I thought each #40 but if hawk type is #40 I’d need to at least add in #42
Common keihin #40 and that short style like in the storm #40
Cheers in advance
Cravin01
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #17

Quote:
The thing is what size should I add to my kit is my dilema #40? but that is stock I am told #42 is 1 size up or #45 as a replacement for stock carb and stock bike etc then at an extra cost 2-3 sizes up?

The other thing I would like to offer (but need buyers or I am wasting my time n money) is an uopgrade carb PZ30B pumper and the kit already has a bunch of jets suitable in that carb, so I would add in other sizes and in between sizes.

See how each is progress from 1 to the next step? less money wasted and less rubbish put in the rubbish bin!

99% of my sales are not from here sadly but from another person and THAT is the ONLY reason a sell the kits daily.

I am not allowed to work here in China so I need to invent another income stream and this is my way of doing it (sorry I know people expect "free" help advise but that can't always happen).

I am also looking for stock carbs from the Hawk, Bashan bikes Tao Tao TBR7 and I will pay postage to NY state - I will be in the USA next month looking at things talking with someone n testing some stuff etc.

My aim is to have a smooth path to a well running bike and upgrades from that which follow from the starter kit. All should work out a good bang for buck and retain the ability to reuse old stuff to the upgrade etc.
Tool sets and things to support the common things most people need and supporting the parts/tune/upgrade etc.

First tune kit with sprocket - covers you fine for stock bike to tidy it up, Carb tune tool helps for air bleed screw, valve adj tool set with special tool and metric feeler gauges so you can use the "go no go" testing/setting method to obtain the right clearance as a beginner. All intended to help the vast majority of new comers manage better the tasks.
My own advice would be to maybe offer two different types of kits. There is never going to be a perfect one size fits all for this because of how much variety there is in the types of owners out there. Some want to keep their bikes mostly stock while there are others, like me, who can't leave well enough alone and must modify everything.

Kit 1: Stock optimization kit - Basically what you already offer. Needle jet and a couple of main jets. Usually the stock pilot jet is plenty sufficient on a stock bike and its the idle mixture that needs set properly. The Hawk usually comes set less than 1 turn out as an example. I think your idea of a 42 and a 45 pilot jet is a good idea just in case the stock pilot happens to be a bit small for some guys.

Kit 2: Call it a "tuner" kit for guys that want to do upgrades (Exhaust, intake, etc). Same basic stuff as kit one, but toss in two or three more larger main jets (112, 115, 117 and maybe even a 120) as well as a 48, and a 50 pilot jet (on top of 42 and 45). I would personally want all of the jet sizes I just listed.

I like your idea of a "First Tune" kit as well. That is a very good idea. Offer all of the tools as the base, and give the option for the first or second carb kit. I know that somebody like me, a person who is going to go to town upgrading their bike immediately, I would order the First Tune kit with the second carb kit right off the bat, even if it was $50-60. It would be worth the cost! If you offered all of that even I would put a link in my signature for it!

I know you are looking to offer the basics of what you need to keep the cost reasonable to the end user and not "waste." As somebody that has tuned carburetors for a long time, I can tell you that there is no such thing as waste when it comes to jets. It is a GOOD thing to have extra jets of different sizes on hand to be able to adjust for climate and altitude changes. Heck, offer it all with a handy travel case with a screw driver and a 10mm wrench so we could zip it up and toss it in our bags and have an "on the go" tuning kit.

Lastly, either kit for the PZ30 based carbs will directly translate to the PZ30B. The one exception would be the fact that, like the stock carbs, the pilot style varies. This is where just a jet kit would come in handy. Say I tune my stock carb, get a PZ30B and find out it has a different style pilot jet. It would be nice to be able to order just a set of pilot jets.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #18

Yes I agree with Dan, those would be a couple good options. At first Tako I didn't like some of your marketing tactics, but I understand you were trying to get a foothold lol. But the value incredible and I will definitely recommend your kits.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Mikuni clones are less common in China so cost more in China
Keihin is half price to Mikuni local markets.
Mikuni became popular in the USA cause someone said to use it n everyone followed.
Keihin clone is fine too and pumper near same price and easily get jets for it
I'm one of the guys who recommended Mikuni conversion, and now I'll tell you why. BECAUSE GENUINE MIKUNI JETS ARE EASY TO GET IN THE U.S.A.! Keihin jets have been hard to get ever since they arrived here on Hondas in the early 60's. I mean factory jets, not something from Uncle Pootie's Plow Works. You're the first guy that I have heard of that actually knows where all of the bodies are buried over there. Personally, I have high hopes for you in this business. You know where the good stuff is...ARH

Old 05-12-2019, 12:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I'm one of the guys who recommended Mikuni conversion, and now I'll tell you why. BECAUSE GENUINE MIKUNI JETS ARE EASY TO GET IN THE U.S.A.! Keihin jets have been hard to get ever since they arrived here on Hondas in the early 60's. I mean factory jets, not something from Uncle Pootie's Plow Works. You're the first guy that I have heard of that actually knows where all of the bodies are buried over there. Personally, I have high hopes for you in this business. You know where the good stuff is...ARH
I agree with this 100%. Mikuni jets are very easy to get your hands on at a local level in the U.S. I would argue that it is possible to get genuine keihin jets easily enough through the magic of the internet, but I will counter that argument myself with the fact that it sucks having to wait a week to get a $7 jet in the mail.

My other Mikuni is better argument actually comes down to the jets themselves. While Keihin rates everything by bore size, most Mikuni jets are rated by flow rate.

Depending on the jet type it will either be in weight or volume, but as an example, a 25 pilot jet means that the jet is tested and rated to flow 25cc's or 25 grams of fuel per minute. This actually makes it possible to calculate jetting sizes based on mass air flow through VE, RPM, and even atmospheric conditions - think of it like analog "ECU tuning."

That said, I will also argue that Keihin's jetting system does provide more size graduations through the scale, and that lends itself to a higher degree of fine tuning. Often you will find that there is an extra jet option for a given range of Keihin jets vs. Mikuni - usually 5 in a given range to 4 for Mikuni in equivalency.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:08 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Think of this
Fake mikuni carb genuine jets.
Fake keihin carb with good quality jets from a prof supplier
You are right there’s a difference
$0.98 isn’t $1
All I’m saying there’s so little in it for the 90% of bike owners who have little to no skill level
I’m not bashing you or anyone at all but the real improvement of very small would or could only be noticed by maybe 1% of users?!

It’s like TV A has better picture then TV B
You can’t see the difference unless you put them side by side
You couldn’t show or say if yours is better then mine across the internet etc

I’m happy with TV B even tho you and everyone says it’s not as TV A

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying you or clone Mikuni is wrong but I do see better options for something that is so small that almost no one would ever know in reality, unless it’s a “feel good” thing.
Finding jets isn’t needed as they all come one way or other with my stuff,
Stock carb n first tune kit works together with pumper carb, if hooking up pumper part is confusing then don’t, use stock cable tube carb till you have time to learn more. (So close to Minkuni route).
So from stock to upgrade pumper it all flows and if you lack skills you simply tune the pumper without the pump like mikuni etc - idea based on 90% of users idea and no the % isn’t a tested statistic etc
So let’s say $75-$80 you can tune stock carb as well as but the pumper carb and have every pilot jet you might need and every main jet you might need and have an NGK plug and have a 17T sprocket and have soared to repair your carb and maybe have a stock air filter for hawk and have 1/4 turn throttle and twin cable.
If you get a bit confused about pumper set up you could pause n just use stock single cable n tune as a PZ30 carb, learn more then go back n work on it more to gain a fully function PZ30B pumper, or you have enough to make run fine on stock carb and an upgrade ready once you learn more.
Prob end up with both carbs tuned just fine and could sell the stock carb few jets to recover some costs

I mean the options are near endless etc.

Yes the true genuine parts in the hands of a professional with skills are better then copies in hands of a DIYer, but decent parts at a decent price will be enough for 90% of DIY Chinese bikes and bike owners

All numbers or statements made are a general observation not statically or scientifically proven

Old 05-12-2019, 01:20 AM   #22

The pumper carb route is honestly my new favorite, but a well tuned VM26 clone is pretty darn good.

I don't think there is much skill involved in setting up the pumper either. It's literally adjusting one throttle cable and an adjuster screw to get the timing of the spray pattern correct. I am actually considering making a video for my Youtube channel just on the pumper and how to set it up. I am just waiting on new batteries for my Go Pro since I let my last ones go flat (oops). Once I have that video made I will be making a thread with all of my previous "adjustment" information from my bikes thread and making it a one stop shop that I can link in my Information page.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:53 AM   #23

Don’t get me wrong
Your bike your money etc
Just looking to offer a good thing for most people and make a buck - not hiding the facts etc.

My system should relate to almost all bikes or ATV with a 200-250cc air cooled engine with the piston going up and down so vertical, not only a few know model names as you need or should focus on engine type n carb type etc.most consumers will find this will relate to them. Ignore the brands and focus on parts used in china bikes as that opens up more options or repair ability

But it sure would help all if the systems shown are more valuable or viable so good choices can be made regardless if:
Tune stock carb with a few simple bits like washers bolts jet etc
My first tune kit and extra optional pilot jets
Minkuni clone & genuine jets
Add on to my kit the PZ30B pumper and more pilot and in between main jets from first tune kit.
Then you have other carb options and this list can go on and on.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:06 AM   #24

I’ve sold 90 or so “first tune kits”
I call that some success

If I can improve the set and system as well as have near every China bike and ATV owner see it this number could become endless maybe

Or where to show the system once I’ve got it locked in?
I’m not American I’m not that familiar with that market be a long shot.

But the principal I’m sure is great for most.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:11 AM   #25

Quote:
I’ve sold 90 or so “first tune kits”
I call that some success

If I can improve the set and system as well as have near every China bike and ATV owner see it this number could become endless maybe

Or where to show the system once I’ve got it locked in?
I’m not American I’m not that familiar with that market be a long shot.

But the principal I’m sure is great for most.
I will say this, since I got into this scene about 2 years ago the number of owners/riders/etc has increased quite a bit. Even back then there was maybe 2 or 3 guys on youtube doing any sort of videos related to these bikes, and only one that was doing it consistently (Motocheez). Now you have 20 or 30 guys posting vids on the regular.

I think as time has gone on, information has been collected and preserved in place, and there are more examples out there of these bikes being reliable and viable options the number of owners will steadily increase. I know I wouldn't have even considered the Hawk until I watched a few Motocheez videos and then ran into this forum and did some reading.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I will say this, since I got into this scene about 2 years ago the number of owners/riders/etc has increased quite a bit. Even back then there was maybe 2 or 3 guys on youtube doing any sort of videos related to these bikes, and only one that was doing it consistently (Motocheez). Now you have 20 or 30 guys posting vids on the regular.

I think as time has gone on, information has been collected and preserved in place, and there are more examples out there of these bikes being reliable and viable options the number of owners will steadily increase. I know I wouldn't have even considered the Hawk until I watched a few Motocheez videos and then ran into this forum and did some reading.
You're absolutely correct.. Motocheese paved a road on YouTube for a lot of cb enthusiasts. I know he's pretty hot on the TaoTao right now but I'm willing to bet if he gets his hands on the new fuel injected Hawk it'll make for some great vids.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivi View Post
These should also be for Sheng Wey PD10 carb.
The thing with Chinese stuff is to use visual comparisons as there are so many brands or names or makes and models there's just no way of telling them all - but when you look and or measure you can see it is the same etc.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #28

I’ll be adding in the funky pilot jets to my kits and optional extra larger at a nominal costs
So you could add in more of any 3 styles of pilot jets at time of purchase of the first tune kit

I won’t be selling only jets - too much drama etc

PZ30B kits with all trimmings options jets and what ever option you might want is also here, no more searching jets as it will and can come as you want (mostly) and also I think I have the cable for the TT250 with the elbow that suits the pumper carb etc and several ways to have the fast turn throttle on either the stock carb Minkuni carb or pumper carb

Old 05-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Well that kind of defeats the point for me. I didn't opt to buy the 45 that CCW sells because it was $16. Now I have to spend $20 and get a bunch of other stuff I don't really need. Great choices for me.
Maybe easier for you to buy that jet alone or some drills to drill it.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #30

Dang! I just bought a kit from you off ebay, do you have a link of where I can find the pilot jets for the Hawk stock carb NzBrakelathes?