Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #1

Suzuki DR Parts Commonality

I found a guy parting out a DR125 on FB. Does anyone know what parts will interchange? Clutch/brake levers, wheels, etc? I think the controls probably will, but unsure about the wheels. I need a few little parts & spares never hurt.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #2

Interchange with what bike ? The only thing for certain that will interchange with a China bike is the air in the tires ,everything else is a crapshoot .

Old 08-06-2020, 07:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Interchange with what bike ? The only thing for certain that will interchange with a China bike is the air in the tires ,everything else is a crapshoot .
D’OH! Just because it goes through my head, doesn’t mean it makes it to my fingers. Lol. Sorry about that.

A Suzuki DR350.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:42 PM   #4

The dr350 probably has very little in common with the little 125 ,rims are probably larger ,along with almost everything else .You might find a DR specific site can help you better than us though .

Old 08-07-2020, 06:33 AM   #5

I'm going to say about the only thing that will go from one bike to the other is the mirrors. Rims will be a different size, chain is different, frame setup is different, seat and tank are different, and here's the real shocker, the engine is different, too! There's seriously nothing on the bike that will be useful for you.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 08-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I'm going to say about the only thing that will go from one bike to the other is the mirrors. Rims will be a different size, chain is different, frame setup is different, seat and tank are different, and here's the real shocker, the engine is different, too! There's seriously nothing on the bike that will be useful for you.
I did a bit of research before bed last night, and the small parts (levers, etc) are common throughout the DR line. Couldn’t find out what else for sure is. The wheels are the same diameter, but that’s all I could get. I actually gave up on the guy. I blatantly asked for prices twice & never got an answer. I’m not asking a 3rd. So, it was all in vain. Thanks anyway guys. I appreciate y’all’s time.