Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #1

Rear brake line length for Gio X33

Hi -

I've been slowly but surely rebuilding a Gio X33 that I bought a long while back, and unfortunately, the rear brake line I have for it is too long (was used from spare parts from another bike). Being that it was too long, I had to create a loop in it so I wouldn't have a ton of extra slack hanging off the side of the swingarm, however, as a result, I don't think I've been able to bleed the system entirely of air.

SO, that being said, does anyone know the length of brake line I'd need for one of these?

On a related note, when it comes to brake pads, are mostly all MIC bikes the same spec for pads? I'd prefer not to have to order them from the manufacturer when it comes time for replacement as they're about 4x as expensive as elsewhere. A while back I replaced the stock caliper (which was rotting itself apart) with a generic MIC pit bike rear caliper, which fit perfectly, however, I'd like to get some slightly thicker pads for it, so I'm not sure how to go about searching for them.

Thanks!

Old 08-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #2

I don't have a gio x33 bike here ,but I do have a 125cc gio pitbike here and the rear hose is 16.5" long .I think the 140cc like yours is the same .

Old 08-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by colind View Post
...anyone know the length of brake line...
...when it comes to brake pads, are mostly all MIC bikes the same spec for pads?...
Why not take the measuring tape out?
http://chinariders.net/showpost.php?...38&postcount=2 & compares to lastest EBC catalog http://ebcbrakes.com/Assets/ecatalog...ogue-2016.html

Last edited by humanbeing; 08-25-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:52 PM   #4

Thanks! I'll get that brake line ordered, and thanks for the link to those threads and catalog. This forum has been quite helpful.

Thanks again!