Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2020, 04:04 PM   #1

Razz 2020 Bashan Storm 250

So three days Ago I brought a new bashan storm 250 and I gotta say I love this bike like it’s been three years already lol. I have tons of mods and tweaks I wanna do to it but when I look up mods on this bike it’s seems like there out there but I always see guys use super legit equipment. I unfortunately don’t have any of the stuff I see guys use to get the parts to actually fit the bashan. I went ahead and went a little crazy and order a few parts & gear off pure excitement but now I’m thinking I bit off more than I can chew. In short with some simple tools will I be able to put these mods on the bike?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FCFD9B3C-5B26-40A3-B298-B89D8FBDF768.jpeg (134.8 KB, 568 views)
File Type: jpg 3E4E0D58-F06B-4E3C-B46C-F91E0E03983E.jpg (157 Bytes, 1236 views)

Old 09-27-2020, 07:00 PM   #2

The exhaust should bolt right up. It's gonna be a tight squeeze for the clutch arm. I had to bend mine down a little bit for it to clear. I just painted and wrapped this pipe the other day. Sealed it up at the joints and it flows directly through. Sounds great now. Before I didn't have anything blocking the air leaking from the connecting pieces. It's loud though just a heads up.

Old 09-28-2020, 02:54 PM   #3

Mine is the 2017 model. I wasn’t aware they were still pumping them out. Cool that they are. The absolute hardest mod is the digital cluster. There’s probably 64 different wires to ID.

To date my mods list is my signature, they were all easy except for the electronic stuff. I’ve replaced the alarm box twice before just giving up on that and the keyless start. My bike at least is very water sensitive, I’ve gone as far as wrapping tightly every cluste, connecter and things like the CDI in Walmart sacks and duct taping around them several times.

The rest of the mods are literally just bolt on and be prepared to replace some stock nuts and bolts as you go, they are butter soft.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 09-28-2020, 03:03 PM   #4

And oh yeah, I have 14,000+ Miles on my Storm. Not sure how long these motors last but it’s been flawless so far. Only problems have been consumable parts like chains, bearings , brakes etc etc.

BTW the rear brake caliper and master cylinder are impossible to find. I replace both of mine and had to cut metal brackets to make them fit the bike. I spent right about $120 on the 2 parts and hunted online for a full week and had to buy as close as I could find and it’s not 100% correct but passable. As in the bike stops but the caliper and master cyclnder are angled crooked etc.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 10-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #5

Thanks so much guys for all your answers I got all the mods on the bike useing that simple tool kit and a drill @thebrozzanator thanks alot! I had to do exactly what you did and bend the clutch arm and it was a perfect fit. So for anyone looking to mod the bashan storm 250 it is a simple job. You’ll just have to drill the holes on the front piece of the exhaust (part that holds screws) to make them a little bigger and boom everything else (speedometer & LED turn signals needed a little research) but It’s all fairly easy to put together don’t feel intimidated.

I did notice the exhaust is loud but noise isn’t an issue for me I actually love the sound. It sounds way more aggressive and I’m not too sure cause as I said before I am a new rider but I swear that exhaust gave me a plus 7-10 HP . The exhaust pops and requires you to be more aggressive with the throttle. In shot be ready to brap your neighbors to death lol

Old 10-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #6

Could you lead me in the right direction to finding a thread on the digital cluster on the bashan?

Tags
2020 bashan storm