Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2016, 06:31 AM   #76

Thumbs Up

Still no problem on the orig hawk speedo, but I gotta tell you,mjstef's tach/speedo is a huge improvement. Both on my other hawk, and got one coming for the tt250.😷
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-13-2016, 10:21 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
....I gotta tell you,mjstef's tach/speedo is a huge improvement and got one coming for the tt250.��
Can't wait to hear about this on the TT250. How about an install tutorial???

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-13-2016, 07:02 PM   #78

Potential big customer for these speedos....Since there's the cable problems and the kilometer vs. mile odometer issue that CSC has to take care of maybe they'd buy people these electronic ones, or at least cover part of the cost of one in lieu of warrantee replacements.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:01 PM   #79

So I'm wondering if something like this would work to convert the mechanical rotations of the sensor to electronic pulses for an electronic speedo for a TT250?

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/acewel...torcycles.html

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-17-2016, 10:34 AM   #80

My cable is to long

If the speedo cable was about three inches less it would not have the bends in it I routed my so it was not as kinked but it is to long

Old 07-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #81

Has anybody heard anything about when CSC will be sending out the replacement Speedo clusters?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 10-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #82

My old cable broke near the top of the fork guard with 1100km on the bike. CSC was very quick to send me a replacement cable without fuss. My speedo (when working) has always displayed 50mph when GPS would read 60mph (factory gearing, wheels and proper tire pressure). When I installed the new cable I put some lithium grease down it even though it already had some factory grease on it. The new cable broke near the headlight before I was able to get all the way around the block.

Has anyone had a new cable break so quickly (under 1 mile)?

Do you think adding lithium grease to the factory grease was bad? (it specifically says "good for speedo cables" on the can)

I know the cable has a bend near the headlight but mine broke a inch or two lower down the cable. I was wondering if my speedo could have abnormally high friction?

Id like to know the cause before I try getting another replacement cable.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
My old cable broke near the top of the fork guard with 1100km on the bike. CSC was very quick to send me a replacement cable without fuss. My speedo (when working) has always displayed 50mph when GPS would read 60mph (factory gearing, wheels and proper tire pressure). When I installed the new cable I put some lithium grease down it even though it already had some factory grease on it. The new cable broke near the headlight before I was able to get all the way around the block.

Has anyone had a new cable break so quickly (under 1 mile)?

Do you think adding lithium grease to the factory grease was bad? (it specifically says "good for speedo cables" on the can)

I know the cable has a bend near the headlight but mine broke a inch or two lower down the cable. I was wondering if my speedo could have abnormally high friction?

Id like to know the cause before I try getting another replacement cable.
i would guess a bad manufacture batch. maybe csc dude will chime in on that subject if he is not riding (he seems to be in prophetical (spell?) motion this year ) yes , white lithium is what is called for.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-31-2016, 02:39 PM   #84

My first one broke very quickly, as many here. I greased the second one and then took great care in new routing. It never broke after that but we exchanged it for the upgraded dash from mjstf. Problem solved.

My guess is like BB said, either a bad batch or maybe it could be the routing?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350