Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #16

So....anyone heard anything about the latest batch since their arrival?

Old 02-22-2016, 07:23 PM   #17

they are still held up at customs I think - should be to CSC soon - saw Ryan at the IMS this weekend and he mentioned they expect to see them shortly.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
they are still held up at customs I think - should be to CSC soon - saw Ryan at the IMS this weekend and he mentioned they expect to see them shortly.
I hope you took some photos, Sprite. If so, please share them with us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I hope you took some photos, Sprite. If so, please share them with us.
Embarrassingly, I did not take photos other than of the stunt riders... I also spent an embarrassing amount of time ogling the Ducati diavel (not the new one, I sat on that and found it ergonomically uncomfortable)

CSC had 2015 model year bikes there. They do have the headlight guard from Columbia available now though!! (I forgot to ask pricing)

Old 02-22-2016, 11:43 PM   #20

For the most part, the Phoenix show was a disappointment and Ryan said it wasn't particularly well attended. I'd have to agree.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L

Old 02-23-2016, 12:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Embarrassingly, I did not take photos other than of the stunt riders... I also spent an embarrassing amount of time ogling the Ducati diavel (not the new one, I sat on that and found it ergonomically uncomfortable)

CSC had 2015 model year bikes there. They do have the headlight guard from Columbia available now though!! (I forgot to ask pricing)
That's okay. Thanks for sharing the good information on the Colombian headlight guard.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-23-2016, 12:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
For the most part, the Phoenix show was a disappointment and Ryan said it wasn't particularly well attended. I'd have to agree.
That's too bad. I guess Salt Lake City isn't on the IMS circuit.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-23-2016, 10:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
I'd heard overall that the IMS was small and sparely attended at other locations as well - but having never been to a motorcycle show, I figured I should go see one and see what I thought. I personally do not do very well in a mad crush, and there were enough people there to make me tired by the time we left. But as far as a tradeshow/convention goes, it was definitely not as well attended as others I've been to. I think I might be better off trying to hit overland expo since that's more in line with the type of riding I'd like to be doing eventually.

To keep this on topic, the CSC booth was kinda shoehorned in a weird place. I don't know how much attention the bikes got as a result. I kinda felt bad taking up so much of their time chatting, but at the same time, i didn't really see anyone else stop while I was there.

But at least I was able to ask about the 2016, see the different headlamp shroud (the one without the little blue light in the bottom portion that they had to change to for Canadian approval) and find out about the headlight guard...I also saw the upgraded exhaust on one of the bikes, but didn't ask them to fire it up so I could hear what it sounded like....

Old 02-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #24

Quote:
But at least I was able to ask about the 2016, see the different headlamp shroud (the one without the little blue light in the bottom portion that they had to change to for Canadian approval) and find out about the headlight guard...I also saw the upgraded exhaust on one of the bikes, but didn't ask them to fire it up so I could hear what it sounded like....
woodlandsprite, I believe they have to have all the gas and oil drained for motorcycle shows as they don't want bikes dripping stuff on their floors . So they probably couldn't of started the bike any way.
Also highly recommend the Horizon Unlimited Adventure Rally in Mariposa , CA this year Sept 22-25. I went last year and really enjoyed the talks, seminars and riding around Yosemite and lake Tahoe. Hope to go again this year. rj
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/california-2016

Old 02-23-2016, 11:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
woodlandsprite, I believe they have to have all the gas and oil drained for motorcycle shows as they don't want bikes dripping stuff on their floors . So they probably couldn't of started the bike any way.
Also highly recommend the Horizon Unlimited Adventure Rally in Mariposa , CA this year Sept 22-25. I went last year and really enjoyed the talks, seminars and riding around Yosemite and lake Tahoe. Hope to go again this year. rj
There is another HU event in BC too.
Canada West, August 25-28, 2016. Nakusp, BC.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:12 AM   #26

WS - tell us more about the upgraded exhaust - as I don't see it as an accessory - I wonder who makes it and how much lighter it is than stock, and whether there is any performance boost vs. OEM.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 02-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #27

Lets take that discussion over to the Performance Exhaust thread

I admit I didn't get much info on it as I was more interested in information about the progressive shock but I've emailed Ryan for details and will post in that thread once I get more info.

Re Progressive Shock: inseam challenged folk would be looking at about a 1" increase installing the progressive shock without also installing a lowering link. So....looks like no progressive shock for me.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Thanks RJ and Silversprint for the recommendations - BC would definitely be a long distance trip for me, coming from the desert southwest CA is doable, but I'd have to plan the route carefully or trailer the bike over (still generally unhappy riding on the freeway, and no idea how long it is going to take me to get comfortable with that)

Old 02-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Lets take that discussion over to the Performance Exhaust thread

Re Progressive Shock: inseam challenged folk would be looking at about a 1" increase installing the progressive shock without also installing a lowering link. So....looks like no progressive shock for me.
Hi there, I have the progressive shock with the tall saddle and the 19" front with big block tire. Makes for roomy seating position. I am not the tallest person. About 30" inseam. Slid the forks up in the triple clamp about 3/8" (max available). Between that and riding boots I find the height manageable. I can not flat foot it but comfortably on the balls of my feet, not tip toed. this set up provides a lot of benefits as mentioned comfort for the legs, higher view of the road, off road ground clearance and much better performance on and off road. Would definitely recommend the progressive shock as the pros and cons are considered. How tall are you / inseam?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:31 PM   #30

Quote:
...Re Progressive Shock: inseam challenged folk would be looking at about a 1" increase installing the progressive shock without also installing a lowering link. So....looks like no progressive shock for me.
I didn't measure, but I also didn't notice a significant change in saddle height after switching to the Progressive shock absorber. Did CSC tell you the saddle height increases with the Progressive shock?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220