Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #1

95C1500's 2015 Hawk 250 Thread

I bought a 2015 Hawk 250 for $850. 3100 miles (that's when the odometer stopped working). I still need to transfer the title but after that, it'll be mine.

now that I have the bike, there are a few things that need to be addressed.
1) Dead battery. I dropped it off at O'reillys to get it charged. I'll pick it up in the morning and see if it works. If not, I'll be buying a new battery.
2) the mirror was broken off, He tossed in the one off his parts bike. I need to put that on tomorrow.
3) The color. It looks decent in pictures (I like the color but the execution is poor. There are spots where you can still see the original color (blue). I will respray it at some point (maybe a dark grey or something)
4) Oil change, fork oil change, lube the chain, etc... basic maintenance. Speaking of maintenance, how often are the spark plugs changed on these bikes?
5) left grip just slides off. Need to glue it or replace with a different set.
6) bike was dropped, clutch lever end broken off. Do they make short levers that work on these bikes?
7) bike squeaks when suspension cycles. I hate anything I ride or drive to squeak. Any know areas that squeak or even solutions to the problem? I used fluid film on my truck leaf packs and it worked great. For 3 months it was squeak free. Sprayed some more and it was gone after a trip around the neighborhood.
8) The bike needs to be cleaned. Bad. It's dusty/dirty. I don;t plan to do much offroading with it so I want it to look nice.
9) That damn shift lever. So short. So uncomfortable. I need a longer one asap
19) I'd like to do sprockets and a chain. But I want to get a good feel for the way it performs stock before I change them.
11) carb tuning. I think I've decided to keep the stock carb and just replace the jets
12) Hand Guards. Always liked the look. Not to mention the added protection.
13) needs a kickstand spring. Right now it's held on by... you guessed it. A bungee cord
14) One of them fancy digital clusters. The speedometer doesn't work (needle broken off and it just spins in circles as I rode it)
15) float in the gas tank needs to be replaced since the gauge doesn't work

It's not perfect, it needs some work and modifications, but I feel like I got a pretty good deal and I expect a lot of great, cheap fun over the years.