Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2015, 01:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparracer95 View Post
Woo hoo.... 150cc.... of well... good for the kids and wife I guess.... it has a fresh pz27.. not sure of jetting.. a local shop remans them to "stock". Listed to fit 110 150 200 and 250 China bikes.....

It is what it is. You could easily swap a 230 in there, but maybe this is a good learning quad for new riders. Perhaps you'll find a quad that is more to your liking.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-26-2015, 02:33 AM   #17

I'm good with getting this up and going. I'm sure it will still be a hoot... and wife has never a quad so I'll keep it for her or my daughter if she ever wants to ride.. good unit to teach the whole clutch timing.... not a powerhouse so I think it will serve it's purpose very well... plus a learning experience for me during the rebuild.. I was more sarcastic than truly disappointed.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #18

welcome! I havebto ask, given the username... what mopar you race? I used to daily drive a supercharged 96 dakota....

Old 11-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #19

No prob... thanks for the welcome... I have a srt4 acr and a 74 dart sport with a worked small block... 3.94 sure grip and 4 speed. And little bit of spray... lol. Srt4 is my summer daily and a ram 2500 for the salty months... what Gen dakota? Like an rt model with the 5.9?

Old 11-28-2015, 06:16 AM   #20

nope, last of the box style gen2, that is if you count the first gen as 87-91, then the switch from sealed beams to streamlined and the v8 addition 92-6....LOL was runnimg 8psi from the blower...

Old 11-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #21

Nice.... I always liked the box style.... I bet 8psI would be a blast in that... for a while I wanted to big block a box style.. but then practicality set in. Lol. Ill see if I can get some pics of the dart and acr from my computer.. I'm on a new phone and they are both in storage for the winter..

Old 11-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #22

oh it was fun.... shut down anything slower than an srt4, standing start or the ricer highway stomp... either or....

heres a half throttle stomp just for fun...

and a standing rev for giggles.... that always got looks at lights with the ricers.....hehehe

Old 11-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #23

oh i do have this waiting for a day when i can get the engine i have put together....hehe

Old 11-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
LOL was runnimg 8psi from the blower...

Paxton goodness!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-28-2015, 09:08 PM   #25

Well dumb question of the day ( once again from me) would it be possible if the previous owner didn't have it topped on compression stroke that the stator might be out of time... just remembered that it appeared to have 2stoke mix in the tank and if he thought is was a 2 stroke maybe it's off time? Quad just turns over and pops out the carb... caught my hand on fire one of the times trying to super choke it with my hand.... I hate taking over what someone else has started and knowing he thought it was a 250 with premix fuel in the tank is just mind boggling. .. lol

Old 11-29-2015, 12:56 AM   #26

It's a pushrod motor, so there's no cam chain to screw up. The cam and crank lined up during engine assembly, so the PO couldn't affect timing unless he dismantled the bottom end. It is possible that the keyway has sheared, but not very likely. You can drain the oil, remove the stator cover and have a look at the flywheel.

Have you set the valves?

Old 11-29-2015, 01:49 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
...possible that the keyway has sheared, but not very likely. You can drain the oil, remove the stator cover and have a look at the flywheel.
Have you set the valves?
https://josemaco.files.wordpress.com...h-62ktjam5.pdf
These pushrod workhorse are bulletproof & very easy to maintain...

Old 11-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #28

I know there's no chain....obviously the crank spins multiple times around to complete a 4 stroke cycle... and only 2 times on a 2 stroke cycle... maybe he has it not on. The compression stroke but on the exhaust stroke.. or something like that.. theres multiple times the piston will be up.... but not at tdc. That only happens one time every 4 rotations.... hence 4 stroke....

Old 11-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #29

Weld... po changed the stator so I'm wondering if flywheel was removed..that's why I mention it..

Old 12-04-2015, 07:32 PM   #30

Well pulled stator cover off and everything appears to be proper... used my flashing spark tester and spark is there... just can't get it to fire off... almost will run if I crank it over and feather the throttle but the minute I let off the starter button it dies...mixture screw was only one turn out so I set it at about 2.5 being I'm in Michigan and it's been close to freezing lately... was going to pull valve cover off and check valves next... po left practically no oil in it either.... so I added almost a full qt. Will try some starting fluid next to check if it is fuel delivery...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151130_205307.jpg (88.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 20151130_205254.jpg (92.3 KB, 183 views)