Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #106

thanks for info. the pics on the blog show screws holding the bowl on. I asked csc they said they check valves and set carb on all bikes they ship!

Old 11-18-2015, 11:31 PM   #107

Any pricing yet? I also heard they are dropping the Mustang clone. Too bad. They were available first only in 150cc, then, later, they added the 250cc version. I did get to see one in person at a dealer in Tacoma, Wa. They looked pretty solid to me.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:42 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by retread View Post
thanks for info. the pics on the blog show screws holding the bowl on. I asked csc they said they check valves and set carb on all bikes they ship!
That's good information. If I had tamper-proof screws on a bowl, I'd promptly replace them with socket head cap screws. How else are you going to clean the bowl, let alone change jets?

So cool that CSC sets the bikes up properly before shipping.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-19-2015, 06:29 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjn View Post
Any pricing yet? I also heard they are dropping the Mustang clone. Too bad. They were available first only in 150cc, then, later, they added the 250cc version. I did get to see one in person at a dealer in Tacoma, Wa. They looked pretty solid to me.
not yet. I'm eagerly waiting myself!

Old 11-19-2015, 06:32 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's good information. If I had tamper-proof screws on a bowl, I'd promptly replace them with socket head cap screws. How else are you going to clean the bowl, let alone change jets?

So cool that CSC sets the bikes up properly before shipping.
couldn't see screw heads from the bottom only the side. why tamper proof, that sucks!

Old 11-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #111

Tamper proof screws are likely an EPA initiative.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-19-2015, 06:23 PM   #112

Thumbs Up The color White

I was reading the CSC Blog today and saw in the posting of the Long Beach Motorcycle Show a photo showing the "WHITE" TT250 Special.
I really like the white color and will be ordering one as soon as pricing and availability become known. I hope it's quite soon.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:59 AM   #113

Another good thing bout this bike is it really close to a Hawk 250 so it should help with easier parts availability and maintenance info.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #114

True! I hadn't considered that CSC could now be a parts source for other Hondoid China Bikes.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #115

Has a price been firmed up yet? Also, has a definitive date been set?

Old 11-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Has a price been firmed up yet? Also, has a definitive date been set?
No, a firm price has not yet been established. The bike is tentatively scheduled to arrive before next spring.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #117

I'm torn between the copper color and the white. Based on the experience we've had so far with the RX3 and CSC (marzhere's orange blossom special), I'm likely in on the TT.

I hope CSC will be offering jetting options. Can anyone confirm? I'll be doing most of my riding between 6,000 and 12,000 ft.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:12 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
I'm torn between the copper color and the white. Based on the experience we've had so far with the RX3 and CSC (marzhere's orange blossom special), I'm likely in on the TT.

I hope CSC will be offering jetting options. Can anyone confirm? I'll be doing most of my riding between 6,000 and 12,000 ft.
I would give CSC a phone call, and ask them. CSC should certainly stock a variety of carburetor jets for any bike which has carburetor.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-25-2015, 09:30 PM   #119

I am in the L.A. area until Sunday visiting family for Thanksgiving. I was planning on driving the hour+ or so this Friday to Excalibur to pick up a windshield for my new love in my life, my TGB scooter, and called CSC and found out they are open (they are probably within 20 minutes of each other and CSC is actually on the way to Excalibur). I was all set to sit upon the TT, and give it a going over, but alas, Excalibur is closed on Friday! Not sure if I will drive all the way just to see the bike (although I would like to sit upon the RX3, too), as I would probably buy one anyway, but will let you guys know via this thread and photos if I do choose to go. Keep in mind this is the greater metropolitan L.A. area AND Black Friday (and not everyone is off of work, so is a regular commute for many), so traffic will be a huge mess.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-26-2015, 02:16 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I am in the L.A. area until Sunday visiting family for Thanksgiving. I was planning on driving the hour+ or so this Friday to Excalibur to pick up a windshield for my new love in my life, my TGB scooter, and called CSC and found out they are open (they are probably within 20 minutes of each other and CSC is actually on the way to Excalibur). I was all set to sit upon the TT, and give it a going over, but alas, Excalibur is closed on Friday! Not sure if I will drive all the way just to see the bike (although I would like to sit upon the RX3, too), as I would probably buy one anyway, but will let you guys know via this thread and photos if I do choose to go. Keep in mind this is the greater metropolitan L.A. area AND Black Friday (and not everyone is off of work, so is a regular commute for many), so traffic will be a huge mess.
I called CSC on Wednesday, and was told they will be open on Friday and Saturday. If you visit them, please bring along your camera, and take some photos. I hope you have a happy, and safe Thanksgiving.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220