Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #61

Where in the world is his new job? No internet access?

Old 11-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #62

yes, i ve been wondering as well what happened to him, but the main thing is that he s alright.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #63

Still nothing from FastDoc?

Old 11-24-2015, 02:52 AM   #64

Any updates now that Doc is back?
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 11-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #65

Fast doc is back!!!

PM sent, Darkrider :-)

Old 11-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #66

The brief update for everybody on the Royal Enfield about 5000 miles, and the bike is doing beautifully over the course of the past year.

I have used it mostly as a commuter, and for local rides less then 150 miles or so. Ironically, I also find it the best bike in the stable to ride when I am going places with friends who are on Harley Davidson's. It is the only motorcycle I have that is slow enough that I am not frustrated to high holy heck that the Harleys can't keep up. With that said, the Harleys have higher top speeds of course, better acceleration, but the Royal Enfield does much better stopping, turning, and maneuvering. Ridden with Harley Davidson's, it actually does quite well.

Mechanically, the bike has been near perfect. The only issues are I had the negative battery terminal break (common failure, from vibration) and a tiny oil leak at the inner kick shaft seal. The broken battery cable terminal I fixed myself with some parts from the auto parts store. I had the dealership fix the kickstart seal under warranty. It's took them forever, but it was done.

It continues to be a favorite motorcycle, it is very antiquated in so many ways, and that is one of the things that makes it such a pleasure.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:32 AM   #67

I'd love to throw a leg over a RE. They're so interesting!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-26-2015, 01:42 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Fast doc is back!!!

PM sent, Darkrider :-)
Pm received and answered! Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'd love to throw a leg over a RE. They're so interesting!
Same here...might just do so during the road trip next summer since the route for our honeymoon does take us near a semi local RE dealer.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 11-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #69

Weld, I think you and/or your son would love riding ithe Enfield. I think it would suit your personalities and desires in a motorcycle quite excellently. As I have said before, I am at a stage in life where what I am after is interesting. I find Chinese bikes interesting. I think that the Royal Enfield Is very interesting.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #70

Darkrider, I will be interested to follow your progress on the Honda, and see what you have to say after you ride an Enfield :-)

Old 11-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #71

I am very curious as to what riding in Saskatchewan is like. I am assuming a lot of straight roads through Prairie type environment? I would imagine Harleys and another cruisers are popular up there? How does the Interceptor handle the roads? Are there a lot of off-road riding opportunities? What are they like? I would assume that you're riding season is over for the year?

I have not had the privilege of riding in your province, but I have discovered that the roads in British Columbia and Alberta were in tremendously good condition, especially given the harsh winters.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #72

Quote:
Darkrider, I will be interested to follow your progress on the Honda, and see what you have to say after you ride an Enfield :-)
I have a feeling it will definitely a different experience jumping from a sport bike like the Interceptor to an Enfield but im definitely looking forward to getting that experience. The Interceptor i have is from the era where they were built as full on racing bikes initially.

Quote:
I am very curious as to what riding in Saskatchewan is like. I am assuming a lot of straight roads through Prairie type environment? I would imagine Harleys and another cruisers are popular up there? How does the Interceptor handle the roads? Are there a lot of off-road riding opportunities? What are they like? I would assume that you're riding season is over for the year?

I have not had the privilege of riding in your province, but I have discovered that the roads in British Columbia and Alberta were in tremendously good condition, especially given the harsh winters.
I live right on the AB/SK border so i get the best of both worlds. Sometimes right off of the highway that borders the two....i go north a bit and turn towards alberta or sask i find nice curvy roads that the Interceptor just loves to storm down at a nice clip. Even the highway itself is curved a bit in that direction...going south of the city is flat for quite a few kms..but it too finds curves and hills if you go far enough. But along away there are plenty of side roads that will find some twisties. But yes the most common type of bike up here in my area would be Harleys, usually most of them being the Softail based bikes with the odd Road King and other touring machines. There are a few guys running around the city with older Gold Wings as well. If you ever get a chance to head up this way i will try to have at least one of my bikes ready to rumble and show you around.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #73

One of the most beautiful areas in SK is few hours east of Darkrider, in the Carrot River region. It's stunning in the fall.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-27-2015, 01:01 AM   #74

I need to see more of Canada. ��

Old 11-27-2015, 03:57 AM   #75

Quote:
I need to see more of Canada. ��
That you do...and i think i got a blank pm from ya doc
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote: