Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #1

CT Haosen interest (hawk)

My nephew is thinking about carrying a few Haosen products in his stores. He currently sells Tao Tao scooters. Is there anyone in CT or Mass that would be interested in getting a Hawk from a CT store? I'm not looking for commitments to buy just an idea if there are CT riders who would like to see a Hawk in person.

The challenge that we are facing is we know they are difficult to register in CT. They can be registered either as a composite vehicle or you can get VT plates.

I think the price point for us will be $1,400 ish but can't tell until we know what we have paid for them.

They make some decent quads so I think he is going to put a few on the showroom and they should sell relatively easily. It is the Hawk that I'm trying to take pulse for.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #2

Does Tao Tao not have any bikes? I know they have scooters and 4 wheelers but I haven't seen any Tao Tao enduros etc.

/

Old 11-21-2015, 08:11 PM   #3

I don't think TaoTao has ever had any enduros, but a 'source' told me he saw a SSR XF250 in their Chino, California warehouse, that was being taken apart to be sent back to China. This was quite a while ago, maybe a couple years now. I remember one of TaoTao's California employees was asking for input on Advrider about what kind of enduro should they produce if they decided to build one. I am hoping it would be like the SSR if they ever get around to producing them...

As far as the Hawks in CT--I think they are great bikes from all the members reporting on them, but I think they need to figure out where they stand on registration first since they are on the EPA off-road certified list, but not on the 'on-highway' list as of yet. If I had a store here in Arizona, I wouldn't hesitate to carry Hawks, but Arizona will street register a motorized bar stool if it has a headlight, taillight, and one mirror.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #4

TaoTao has had pitbikes for a while now--these 3 are new to them http://taotao.us/index.cfm/dirt-bikes/ but they have had this one for a while http://taotao.us/index.cfm/accessories/atd-90a/ as well as a 110 and/or a 125cc pitbike several years back

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #5

great input. He is looking to expand his offerings and the Haosen ATV look like they would be easy sells. But we don't want to sit on a couple of enduros for months. The hawk looks like a nice offroad bike and that is how it will be marketed here. If someone wanted to just through the hoops to register it it wll be up to them because he is not a on-road dealer.