Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2015, 01:34 AM   #31

Always go back to basics.

Okay, PO work is unknown, so start with 4T engines 101.

A. Stator cover is off. Confirm that piston is TDC when T mark on the flywheel is at the indicator point ( I don't know how many times I've explained to folks that T means TDC, not Timing).

B. Confirm valve clearance is correct. If you have the means, do a static pressure test to see if there is a leak at intake or exhaust valves.

C. Compression test.

D. Check ignition timing. Suggested with no fuel in carb, spark plug removed from engine, connected to coil & securely grounded. Check with timing light while cranking.

After those things are confirmed to be good, then it's time to address the fuel system. Just out of curiosity, are you sure there is nothing blocking the exhaust? If it can't fart, then it can only belch when trying to fire.

Good luck.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:12 AM   #32

have you checked compression with a guage? that's what was wrong with my bike when I got it... stuck rings, and 60psi of compression... popped and spit but wouldn't run....

Old 12-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #33

I confirmed tdc with t straight up on flywheel. It has spark. Verified with in line spark tester...blinks steady... exhaust is open... had several exhaust backfires... (plus it's a little leaky.. po fitted fmf pipe from something else and flange leaks) will have to check valves and compression yet... those were on the ajenda for next garage thrash session. Once again thanks for everyone's input... I appreciate it.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:14 AM   #34

Alright someone else from Michigan!

Hey man I live I Mich. Welcome I also like cars and boost is the coolest thing ever. I have a 150 cg copy just like you that runs great so instead of you having to buy parts to see if they work if your not way far. You can try my 150cc stuff to see where the problem lies. I had a sonic 03 cobra with a kenne bell blowzilla, with 658 at rear wheels . Fast car now I want a ratrod . Like a 51 Chevy with a ls 5.3 with a turbo with water /meth injection. I had a 79 Trans am with a ls1 and 125hp zex nitrous oxide. It moved very well til I torqued the "frame" and that was that. I'm by bay city , let me know if I can help.

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!