Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2016, 09:59 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Looks like it did a real good job. Did you make that drag bar?
Whoops, forgot to answer this...

Used to drag around a pallet.....but it wasn't doing what I wanted, was a hassle and a half because it always got stuck on everything or left wood shreds everywhere.

The drag is a long story. I first spotted it on Northern Tool and thought, "129.99 plus shipping! I can make one for much less!"

So, I hit my stash, no where near enough angle iron. I hit the hardware stores and by the time I bought all the angle, bolts, box metal for the handle, etc..etc...it was going to be over 200.00, unpainted and the Northern Tool one came powder coated...

So I searched every website...and they ALL ship from Northern Tool (at the time), doesn't matter where you buy it. No free shipping, nothing. So there you have it. Captive audience.

I will say though, for 129 plus shipping, it's worth its weight in gold for my needs and works very well the way its designed. Depending on where you strap the cinder block (and you only need one I found out), the nose plows digging everything up, then it disperses the contents into the inside of the drag and the wider rear end spreads the contents evenly. Pretty amazing for how simple.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
$30 for a front sprocket seems overpriced when most sell for $10. No picture so maybe it has some sort of special design for limited clearance.

My older ATA250D uses 428 sprockets and I have a 78 tooth overlay sprocket from a 1967 Trail 90 that will bolt right over the stock 40 tooth rear sprocket. That would be a great low gearing but would give me about 2" of ground clearance.
Yup....I guess the new ones are 520. I'll have to measure it. The website provided says 530. I was amazed at the size of the chain when I uncrated it.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 07-12-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:58 PM   #168

I leveled my backyard with a piece of plywood with a couple hundred nails gunned through it. Dragged it with the truck. Neighbors could only see the top of my pickup over the fence.. they all thought I was going nuts driving in circles. Hahahahaha true story.

That is the front sprocket I purchased. Yes expensive but try finding an 11t in 530 chain that will fit that engine with any certainty. Same deal with the rear. Got fed up.. closed my eyes and purchased it.. getting ready to install it now. Really need that low end torque and tractor speeds.

I did a lot of measuring.. My Rhino came with a 530 chain and sprockets stock. Just wish there was more options for gearing upgrades.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #169

I messed up tonight and put the rear sprocket on backwards. Didn't notice it until the chain was back on and truing things up ... grrr back at it tomorrow after work. Took pics all along the way. Will update my thread tomorrow.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #170

Quote:
I leveled my backyard with a piece of plywood with a couple hundred nails gunned through it. Dragged it with the truck. Neighbors could only see the top of my pickup over the fence.. they all thought I was going nuts driving in circles. Hahahahaha true story.

That is the front sprocket I purchased. Yes expensive but try finding an 11t in 530 chain that will fit that engine with any certainty. Same deal with the rear. Got fed up.. closed my eyes and purchased it.. getting ready to install it now. Really need that low end torque and tractor speeds.

I did a lot of measuring.. My Rhino came with a 530 chain and sprockets stock. Just wish there was more options for gearing upgrades.
Darth, had I done something like this ,it would have knocked out a half dozen nails and would have landed in my tires fore sure
git er done
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #171

Quote:
I messed up tonight and put the rear sprocket on backwards. Didn't notice it until the chain was back on and truing things up ... grrr back at it tomorrow after work. Took pics all along the way. Will update my thread tomorrow.
Oh man...that sucks! So a 530 chain it is, huh? It is huge....

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 02-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Put the Rhino through its paces today, more than just hauling the cart around. I hooked up the landscape drag, dropped on a cinder block and went at it. Chewed up the upper driveway to resurface the gravel from the Winter sink and also, took down all the dry weeds and leveled everything out around it.

With the tall gearing, the CG230 motor did its best to grunt along and did it very well with minimal clutch slipping. This drag and block really starts to plow once the ground gets loosened up and I was quite impressed with the Rhino's pulling ability under those conditions.

I think I will have to get a bigger sprocket made for the rear though, ala "funonemax". I think with that it would be perfect.
do you have a pic of this i was looking at a Disk Harrow for putting in a food plot just looking for ideas thanks and has anyone used the rhino for snow plowing or pushing dirt around???? and did anyone add a oil cooler if so which one??? Once again thanks

Last edited by PANDEMIC; 02-10-2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: added more