Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #31

Thanx for the heads up Joe. I believe you have the machines to carry the day until the next offering is presented. But in the meantime you might start considering titles for your 450 book! Cant wait to read it as well.

"Oh, and one more thing. There’s been a lot of buzz on the Internet about the rumored Zongshen 450 single. Guys, that bike is not going to happen any time soon. My guess is 2018 at the earliest, and that’s if everything goes smoothly. I’ve ridden the prototype 450, and there’s still a lot of work left to do in finishing it. We’ll bring the 450 to you when it becomes available, but I’m here to tell you this: Ignore all the idle speculation and predictions on the forums. It’s going to be at least a couple of years before the 450 is available.

That’s all for now, folks. Stay tuned."
http://californiascooterco.com/blog/

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Mouse View Post
Duh, you can get black anodized, top loading aluminum 36l cases for $400 delivered.

And the CBX is only $6400 new 2016 model. Get the '15 model it's $4900 - $5400, and many dealers are still trying to get rid of any left over '14s for $4000. And that's not to mention the used market. And if you can't negotiate dealer fees, perhaps you should stick to ebay or craigslist.

I would suspect, that if CSC decided to also bring over the RX4, that the initial don't miss the boat price would make it totally worth it... but chances are, it'll retail closer to $5895 to keep it well under the KLR, at $6599. On paper it will look like a bargain, 6 speed, fuel injection AND luggage.

But if I'm going to be dropping $6-7k on anything, I'll be shopping around. And plastic luggage won't sway me one way or the other. Real world usage says that my wolfman soft bags are far better for extended trips anyway.

So I start looking at real world MPG, over all weight, torque, suspension travel, ease of repair, world-wide parts availability. Those alone, is why the KLR remains the Jack of All dual sports.

When I got the Cyclone, I seriously underestimated what a paltry 24hp actually means out anywhere but the city streets.

Clearly, I'm not brand loyal. I'm only loyal to the art of Adventuring and Dual Sporting. Whatever machine can get me there and back again, without much fuss, I'll back it!

I love your feedback. That was the majority of my conversation at Horizon's Unlimited this weekend to all the R1200GS crowd. Bigger isn't always better, but look down on me for carrying the little guy. Just remember, it's the little guy that is passing you while hauling ass overseas.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
I love your feedback. That was the majority of my conversation at Horizon's Unlimited this weekend to all the R1200GS crowd. Bigger isn't always better, but look down on me for carrying the little guy. Just remember, it's the little guy that is passing you while hauling ass overseas.
Mad...did you take your 08 hd? Do you have a link to the horizons unlimited?

I think the rx4 bike should come in around 4850.00 just to keep it under the competition. They(scs,jong) know they have to work hard to keep the price low or else people will definitely go for the Japanese bikes and pass it up.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #34

450 zong

I too await the arrival of a 450. , It is the perfect size power plant , , if it happens for a decent price, I predict zong sales to explode!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Mad...did you take your 08 hd? Do you have a link to the horizons unlimited?

I think the rx4 bike should come in around 4850.00 just to keep it under the competition. They(scs,jong) know they have to work hard to keep the price low or else people will definitely go for the Japanese bikes and pass it up.
Actually I ended up in the car. My Dyna was with my buddy all weekend. He was putting in new steering bearings for me and new fork springs. Just bad timing for the event. Not a big deal though, a lot of people in go in cars and off-road trucks, RVs, and campers of all sorts. The RX4 should be cool. My husband was looking at Alibaba and found a big bore kit for the RX3 to make it a 300. Thought that was funny. He said if the engine died, that's when he would rebuild it with a big bore kit. I think that is a fair deal.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 05-04-2016, 12:53 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
He said if the engine died, that's when he would rebuild it with a big bore kit. I think that is a fair deal.
If the 250 engine lasts as long as I suspect, the 450 version will be available before it's time to rebuild the original.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L

Old 05-04-2016, 03:43 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
If the 250 engine lasts as long as I suspect, the 450 version will be available before it's time to rebuild the original.
I agree completely, George.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-04-2016, 05:22 AM   #38

It will be interesting what Zong come out with...
A 450 is what a lot want but no one makes as yet.
Zong need to get theres out first as it looks like
Honda & Yamaha look to be heading back into this market again...
Honda are going with the multi platform mined set ... CBxxxX CBxxxS / NCxxxX NCxxxS etc...
Yamaha have the motors they just need to put the bike around them..
XTZ700 twin tenere / XTZ900 triple tenere / talk of a 450 tenere based on
the WR450 motor.. but the 900 & 450 are a few years down the track yet..
XTZ700 will be here next year...
There is at the moment a 250 tenere sold in some markets.. "XT250 motor"

Can't imagine this market has gone un-noticed by Suzuki & Kawasaki either..
These two have come out with nothing new for a very long time....just rehash
the same old all the time..

I have read talk of a small KTM ADV bike built around the 390 Duke motor...?????

could be a interesting few years....see whats fact & whats not & whats just
internet BS....

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 07-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #39

Exclamation Goldilocks (just right) and Unicorns

Continuing on Pete's thoughts from last year. Here is a great article which sums up pretty much the way many of us think around here. The zong/csc folks better get a move on because the midsize market is about to get crowded.

4 new mid's:

https://idratherberiding.com/2017/05...ing-to-market/

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~