Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
I wonder how the Shinko SR241 would be?
I like it on my TW200 not great for mud but really grips onto almost everything else.
It comes in 4.00-18 and 3.50-18 and 3.00-18

I'd be inclined to try that on my TW, but I already purchased a Golden Boy 5.10-18 SR244 for the front, based on guidance from the TW forum. Do you have experience with this tire?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #32

I put one on my TW because of the Tw forum reviews. I like it but never ran the golden boy.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:43 AM   #33

Pirelli City Demon

My used ZS200GY-2 came with 6-year old, hard-as-rock, ultra-heavy Shinko custom tires, which were starting to dry rot even though they had worn very little. The bike is a 2007 model with 21000 km on the odometer when I got it. I made about 800 km before I decided to replace them.

Of course I soon found out that only chopper/custom tires were available for the unmodified bike, but luckily now in 2019/2020 there's an option that probably wasn't available back when this sticky was made: Pirelli's City Demon tires.

They are of course meant for small city/commuter bikes, but the rear (to the right) is made in the Zong's 130/90-15 oddball dimension. Not a super-original pattern, but reasonably grooved and even handled itself in some mild off-roading. The rubber is also softer than pure custom/chopper tires meant for heavier bikes, so they cushion the ride somewhat.

The front is made up to 3.00-18 I think, which is what my Zong is currently wearing (no 100/90-18, unfortunately), and has a much more classic/oldschool pattern, which should be better on mixed terrain than pure custom/chopper tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pirelli_City_Demon.jpg (78.6 KB, 359 views)