Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #16

I found a 12V blower fan for sale on eBay for a price of about $14, delivered. The blower pump is small, and doesn't weigh much; it quickly inflates and deflates the Coleman air mattress, which is inexpensive, very durable, and comfortable.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-31-2015, 04:08 PM   #17

It's possible to inflate an air mattress with a trash bag but I have yet to try it.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #18

I think I'm on the bandwagon about the Motel 6 during monsoons and I'm really liking the idea of the ground floor room and rolling the bike in!

I have a backpacking camp pad from REI that blows up by manual hand pump and it seems to suit me ok. After multiple days of sleeping on it I am wishing for more comfort, but I guess that's the trade off I get for having something that packs so small.

I'm most worried about packing everything for the plane flight. I'm sure I can fit everything on the bike, but cram it all into a duffel so I'm not spending a fortune on checked baggage may be interesting.
'02 Yamaha YZF 600 - dirty
'15 CSC RX-3 Cyclone - orange

Old 03-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
It's possible to inflate an air mattress with a trash bag but I have yet to try it.

I just watched YouTube videos. Very cool.

/

Old 03-31-2015, 11:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss America View Post
I'm most worried about packing everything for the plane flight. I'm sure I can fit everything on the bike, but cram it all into a duffel so I'm not spending a fortune on checked baggage may be interesting.
You can pack a box and ship it UPS, USPS, FedEx or another carrier for less than carry on prices. I'm sure that Joe would accept and hold the parcel for you. Or, if you have Southwest service in your town, they allow2 bags free

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L

Old 04-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
You can pack a box and ship it UPS, USPS, FedEx or another carrier for less than carry on prices. I'm sure that Joe would accept and hold the parcel for you. Or, if you have Southwest service in your town, they allow2 bags free
Good to know! Thanks! I'm out of Atlanta so it's the Delta hub... other airlines are sometimes very difficult to get out on. I will look into Southwest and shipping costs!

Old 04-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #22

Are you the only one riding your bike back as far as you know? Are you a member of Advrider or www.Horizonsunlimited.com/hubb ? Some of those riders are hardcore and can probably offer some great suggestions as far as camping goes. If you (guys?) are planning on a relatively southern route, I am in Yuma, AZ as far as letting members keep an eye on you while you make your way east.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-13-2015, 09:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Are you the only one riding your bike back as far as you know? Are you a member of Advrider or www.Horizonsunlimited.com/hubb ? Some of those riders are hardcore and can probably offer some great suggestions as far as camping goes. If you (guys?) are planning on a relatively southern route, I am in Yuma, AZ as far as letting members keep an eye on you while you make your way east.
As of right now I'm flying solo on the trip home after the Baja ride. Yes, I've lurked on some of those websites, but not in depth enough to research moto camping, so good call on that!

I'm not sure of my route or timing yet, but I will keep Yuma in mind! Thanks for keeping an eye out as this is my first big solo trip.