Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #1

coolster 125cc bog at wide open throttle

I sell coolster atvs, and I am having a problem with them. They all seem to bog out at wide open throttle. I have drilled out the air screw that is plugged, and I have adjusted it. It gets a little better but it is still there. I know they come from California and are jetted lean, and the needle has no adjustments, so you cant even lower the clip to richen it up. Does anybody know of bigger jets that will work in the pz19 carb that comes on these? I stock the aftermarket pz carbs and those don't seem to make a difference either. But at least the air screw is not plugged, and you can take the bowl off to clean the carb if you need to. I am in ND so its cool here, so I think they need to jetted bigger. There has to be an easy fix for this, but every one I get in does the exact same thing. You can not punch the throttle wide open with out it bogging out and dying. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Old 04-13-2015, 11:34 PM   #2

Can you just try a different carb with more easily found jets, like a 24mm Mikuni? At least you could tune it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer