Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 04-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #1

New from Sin City.

Hey guys and gals. I am new to the forum and a southern Nevada resident. Been lurking around trying to figure out which dual sport bike to get. I am pretty sure that I have to find one that has all of the necessary DOT, EPA, and FMSSV plates on the frame.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishjew View Post
Hey guys and gals. I am new to the forum and a southern Nevada resident. Been lurking around trying to figure out which dual sport bike to get. I am pretty sure that I have to find one that has all of the necessary DOT, EPA, and FMSSV plates on the frame.
Welcome! Actually, you do not need all of the above; someone had recently posted asking if the Hawk is legal in Nevada, and I was able to find a form that you residents can fill out to convert off-road bikes to street legal. The form was careful to make sure that one knows they can only convert a 2-wheeler.

However, since the Hawk comes with all lighting, and the MCO states 'Motorcycle' not 'Off-road bike' (or make sure it does from whoever you buy it from) you might not need to go through the steps to convert a bike to street legal (and the Hawk is already converted for you). Look a few members down. Otherwise, you are looking to buy a SSR XF250 (member dh has one and lives in Vegas), any of the Bashan Enduros (Storm, Brozz [sold out], Shark, or Enforcer), or more rare--a Dong Fang, or the CSC TT250.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #3

Thank you! I guess I will try the Hawk. OHV registration would be a worst case scenario.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #4

I think, if worse comes to worse, you will have to fill out a form and an authorized dealer has to check that everything works on the bike (which it should), and then you can register it. You might be the first person with a Hawk in Nevada? At least here on Chinariders!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #5

Well we will how it all goes in about a month or so. I had to pre-order the hawk because I waited too long. Nevada will register a dirtbike for street use if it has the necessary lights, reflectors, etc,. I already have the Mikuni, jets, sprokets, and exhaust ready to be installed after break-in.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #6

Welcome aboard !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I think, if worse comes to worse, you will have to fill out a form and an authorized dealer has to check that everything works on the bike (which it should), and then you can register it. You might be the first person with a Hawk in Nevada? At least here on Chinariders!
I'm having it pre-ordered as well and live in Nevada. We will see who rides first!